Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Didn't think it would take long but these cases are now on eBay UK priced at just £9.99 each! Not made from leather but from polymer plastic moulding / TPU so may be more durable, who knows. I've ordered a red one as my genuine leather red leather one went nasty too quickly!

They look identical, apart from there's no Apple logo...
umyjaguv.jpg
uhemevap.jpg
7a7ebuve.jpg

Last edited:

mdkdue

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2011
Didn't think it would take long but these cases are now on eBay UK priced at just £9.99 each! Not made from leather but from polymer plastic moulding so may be more durable, who knows. I've ordered a red one as my genuine leather red leather one went nasty too quickly!

They look identical, apart from there's no Apple logo...ImageImageImage

Nice...got a link?, I can't seem to find them

Lux12

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2013
Yeah no problem, as soon as it arrives I'll do a review with pics and comparisons with my genuine ones.

Thanks! I had the brown leather case from apple but i returned it as leather kept on tearing off. It was not durable as when i dropped it from 4ft my phone came off the case and got a bit of the chamfered edge.

Its a shame cause i loved the look of it but it wasn't worth the money. I hope this one will be a little bit better.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Thanks! I had the brown leather case from apple but i returned it as leather kept on tearing off. It was not durable as when i dropped it from 4ft my phone came off the case and got a bit of the chamfered edge.

Its a shame cause i loved the look of it but it wasn't worth the money. I hope this one will be a little bit better.

Yeah, I hope so too. I loved my red case when it was brand new, but it soon got grubby, and anything I tried to clean it with didn't work and just ruined the colouring, I'm hoping the cheaper plastic type design will actually stay one colour for longer and won't allow any oils or dirt to sink in.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Be cool if they were exactly as presented, however those images are the genuine apple cases with the Apple logo photoshopped out.

You can see artifacts where they edited out the Apple logo.

Let us know! :)

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
Be cool if they were exactly as presented, however those images are the genuine apple cases with the Apple logo photoshopped out.

You can see artifacts where they edited out the Apple logo.

Let us know! :)

He's right. It's especially noticeable if you scroll the image while staring at the area.

Lux12

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2013
Wow i got to go get me some now i can finally get the beige without being worried that its going to get dirty

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Might get a brown one for the GF if the
Leather is pleather so it won't stain lol :)

I need a US seller

Lux12

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2013
Asked the seller to take a pic with a phone in it. He sent me a blue one with his white iPhone. I think I'm gonna buy it

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-08 at 3.55.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-08 at 3.55.53 PM.png
    385.6 KB · Views: 462

mirz2000

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2013
US
Asked the seller to take a pic with a phone in it. He sent me a blue one with his white iPhone. I think I'm gonna buy it

It looks like it is covering the chamfered edge... or are my eyes playing trick on me? I don't know how important that really is, though.

It's cool that they replicated the colors. Will be curious to see pics from you guys!

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Pics look like a basic tpu case, nothing close to the apple case. Post when you get it, I'm curious also

The back is identical, as are the sides. Only difference I can see bar the badge is the edges on the front. Hopefully they'll be good, :)

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
The back is identical, as are the sides. Only difference I can see bar the badge is the edges on the front. Hopefully they'll be good, :)

If you zoom in on the blue case you can see a line for the lip, it does look like TPU, how else would it be flexible enough to take off otherwise

SMELTN

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
ok whats the update on these? I would LOVE to get this thing in TPU so it won't get so dirty.. I have the Brown real Apple one now and its dirty on the sides bad..

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.