Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kfscoll

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2009
Why does the article say "availability is likely being constrained...?" Who says anything's being constrained? Apple hasn't missed any of their dates yet. And "If supplies are as tightly constrained as it appears they may be...?" Where does it appear that supplies are tightly constrained? Apple isn't even taking orders yet, we have no info about delivery dates beyond the '"coming in December" quote that Apple shows on their website, and none of Apple's self-imposed dates have been missed. This article reeks of FUD.

maknik

macrumors regular
May 17, 2006
Why does the article say "availability is likely being constrained...?" Who says anything's being constrained? Apple hasn't missed any of their dates yet. And "If supplies are as tightly constrained as it appears they may be...?" Where does it appear that supplies are tightly constrained? Apple isn't even taking orders yet, we have no info about delivery dates beyond the '"coming in December" quote that Apple shows on their website, and none of Apple's self-imposed dates have been missed. This article reeks of FUD.

This ain't MacInfos.com.

JPSaltzman

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2011
With prices like that (3,000 Euros for the base model?!?!?), I guess Tim Cook wants to sabotage this line ASAP. "Well, we tried to make them in the USA, but no one would buy any...."

Not at that price!

surfingarbo

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
Hmm... can't decide between a new 6-core Mac Pro or else one of the 2GB iPod shuffles.

sbrage2000

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2006
I'm guessing this company picked a date in the middle of the month and they're hoping to generate as many pre sales as possible. When Apple pushes the date back to Dec 31, Conrad will just send out their "delayed shipment" notices hoping to retain all their pre-sales. Pretty smart marketing if it works but I don't think they know anything we don't at this point.

V.K.

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2007
Toronto, Canada
I'm guessing this company picked a date in the middle of the month and they're hoping to generate as many pre sales as possible. When Apple pushes the date back to Dec 31, Conrad will just send out their "delayed shipment" notices hoping to retain all their pre-sales. Pretty smart marketing if it works but I don't think they know anything we don't at this point.

that's what I'm thinking too. choosing dec 16 date they are guaranteed not to be off by too much. plus they are probably betting that Apple will release the MP before Christmas.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
While Apple seems like it is going to get its 2013 launch that it promised at the beginning of the year. They look like they are just going to make it. Presumably there have been unforeseen delays. I wonder how much of that is due to them trying to do US manufacturing.

----------

Ouch. Gotta love that Apple markup for what is fairly standard desktop spec nowadays.

:(

These are "standard" desktop specs?

OriginalMacRat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2007
With prices like that (3,000 Euros for the base model?!?!?), I guess Tim Cook wants to sabotage this line ASAP. "Well, we tried to make them in the USA, but no one would buy any...."

You're blaming Apple for all your EU taxes? There's a lot more to that price than VAT.

Import taxes.

DRM taxes.

etc.

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
People keep ripping on the new Mac Pro but in truth it would make for an incredible HTPC. I plan on buying the midrange model for precisely this purpose as soon as it's available for purchase from Apple directly. It also looks absolutely beautiful and would look great in any living room.

Rossatron

macrumors 6502a
holy cow, 3000 euro for the (what i think is) cheapest version :eek::eek::eek:

be a long time till i save enough to buy it, but i will regardless. not cause I'm a fan, but because i think this is really a cornerstone in how future PC* will look like

* referring to any desktop computer.

linuxcooldude

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2010
Your right, for 3k euro it's under spec'd ;)

The base spec for the money is very weak.

We have priced simular systems on another thread and it was still quite competitive. Now with UK prices it maybe a different story with VAT ect. Apple can't control countries additional taxes that may be added to the purchase price or the exchange rate.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.