Gesture based computing

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by CalMin, Nov 22, 2008.

1. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

This rocks. Already, I'm using Expose more than I ever did when it was tied to a function key. I love the forward/back swipes when browsing and being able to see the desktop with an up swipe is more useful than I ever imagined.

Now I want a trackpad keyboard for my iMac. I'm feeling lost without gestures! Anyone else feel this way?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I have tried using my HP computer sometimes or friend's computers and tried tapping (sorta works), Expose, and other multi-touch features, no success there... I have found myself doing it by nature even though I'm new to Mac.

My friends look at me like "WTF are you doing?".

3. Carnivor macrumors regular

Carnivor

Yea it doesn't take long to get used to gestures, now any other laptop i use i keep trying to scroll and swipe,

Something i would like to be able to turn off is in safari, you can pinch in and out to make the text size bigger or smaller, I'm doing it accidently less now but its almost a conscious effort to not do it sometimes.

I think the best gesturing you can currently do is in mail, have your mouse in the bottom windows, 2 fingers scrolls the mail, 3 fingers up and down goes to next/previous mail, no pointer involvement at all except for it pointing to the window you want to scroll.

4. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

I agree!

Although, I wish that a four finger up swipe would activate spaces rather than just show the desktop.

5. dominordelingua macrumors member

Yeah, gesturing is cool and all, but when are they gonna make it so you can just grunt to the MB. I think I would find that more useful...lol.
    :p:D;)