Get 10$ Off Per Line (Loyalty Promo) Verizon Wireless +1GB data free

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patt2k, Jul 15, 2014.

1. patt2k, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014

patt2k macrumors regular

Here is the 1GB data promotion I posted a while back:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1708267

Now here is the Loyalty 10$ OFF "PER LINE" make sure to read carefully if it's confusing ask questions!

Hey guys. [ I do not work for VZW just sharing what I found they offer. ]

Verizon Wireless has a 10$ Loyalty Credit Promo.

As far as I know this is their way of keeping us customers :)

So if you are unhappy or something then call them up why not?:woot:

Here is how it works:

1) Must have Share Everything
    2) Must have contract

Example: if you got yourself a new shiny Galaxy S5 or any other phone for example today:
    today is 7/11/2014:

this promotion will not extend your contract because it already ends on 7/11/2016.

But! if your contract ends in 7/11/2014 , it will extend it by 1 YEAR.

BUT BUT! if your contracts ENDS on 7/12/2015 <<< IT WILL NOT EXTEND YOUR CONTRACT.

if it's just a little more then a year on your contract already it will not AFFECT your contract END DATE.

3) Let's say you have 5 contract lines, guess what you can get up to 50$ off for 12 months!
    if you have 10 lines that's 100$ !

I myself love this promotion it shows that they are not sooo soo greedy.. I mean they are but just little less :eek:mg:

LOYALTY CREDIT: 10X12MOS 1YR

^^ this is how it shows on your bill / or my Verizon.

When I told about it to one of my friends he has 5 contract lines , he gets 10$ off x 5 on all his 5 contract lines for 12 months.

Let me know your success stories!

PS. this is per line promo not per account so it works along with 1GB data for 1 Year Free

CDM mentioned something I forgot to add: EVEN IF you decide to take discount for all your lines that have less then 1 year left meaning extension IT WILL NOT CHANGE UPGRADE DATE. ONLY CONTRACT END DATE

Attached Files:

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Got both of those a few months back. Also got some money off for each line that is out of contract as well.

Good stuff all around basically: extra data for the whole account to share, some money off for contract lines, and some more money off for out of contract lines.

3. Dyce, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014

Dyce macrumors member

So do I have to call a Verizon rep and tell them about this or can I do it online from my Verizon account?

Edit: I called and got $20 off per month (2 lines).

Thank you for the posting the thread.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

I believe for the out of contract discounts those could be done online now (from what I've recently heard). The others--the data promo and the contract discount promo--since they are promotions, and might not necessarily apply to everyone, they can generally only be obtained by contacting Verizon and talking to the about those promotions or perhaps any other ones that might apply to your account (either by calling them or visiting a corporate store or perhaps contacting them online in some fashion like email).

5. vonWachtstain macrumors regular

Is Share Everything the same as More Everything? Also my plan ends in February 2015. Will that extend my contract?

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, they pretty much just renamed Share Everything to More Everything. You can double-check by logging into My Veirzon to see what plan it lists there for you.

If your contract is up in February 2015 and you get the $10/month off promotion now, for example, then your contract would be changed to end around July 2015 (a year from when you basically get the promotion added to the line).

7. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Hold up, I'm confused.

#1) is this ONLY for people on 2 year contracts, or can Verizon Edge customers take advantage?

#2) Are you getting a $10 credit or is it $10 off your bill?

#3) So in order to get it all you do is call and ask?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw it said you have to have a contract. Dang.

8. patt2k, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014

patt2k thread starter macrumors regular

#1 Yes. if you have at least 1 Year and few days it won't extend your contract

EDGE already get discounts so yea I wish I would pay 5$ for Smartphone access fee :D

#2 it's 10$ credit each month for 12 months.. so it's the same thing as 10$ off my bill basically I get asurion insurance for free with that credit.

#3 well yes how else would you get it :D

TIP: if you are already out of contract (not edge) you can get month 2 month discount.

10$ OFF 250-8GB plans.
    25$ - 10GB ++ plans.

9. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Aw, I was really thinking about adding this discount to my plan, but my contract ends in April... So never mind. I really don't want to be in a contract for another year.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, it wouldn't be a year in a sense, it would basically be 3 more months since instead of it ending in April it would end in July (if you did it all now for example). For $120 savings the extra 3 months on contract might not be a big deal especially if you were still going to be with Verizon for those months anyway. Also, this doesn't change your device upgrade date, so that would still remain the same as it is now.

11. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Maybe you could help me please. I just called in twice and both people told me I was not eligible for loyalty discounts because all my lines were in contract (minus an iPad).

We have 5 lines; 4 smartphones (all iPhones) and a tablet plan (iPad). The next iPhone contract is up in October of this year (2014), another is July of 2015, and the last two are on the same date which is the end of September 2015. We have the More Everything 12GB Plan.

They said that off contract lines were eligible for the loyalty discount, which is the same as the Edge discount ($10 off smartphones on MEP 8GB and under, and $25 off smartphones on MEP 10GB and over). Any ideas what I should try to get this discount on my lines? Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you for the heads up, we have been with Verizon since the PacTel days since like 1992 and the only discounts we've gotten is the New Every Two till they stopped that, and that 1GB Extra (thanks to you) earlier this year. We were thinking about switching two phones to pre-paid but this help greatly!

12. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I don't plan on staying with Verizon for a long time. I'm planning to move to AT&T as soon as my contract ends. They give me a "student" discount so I'd be paying only $94 compared to $130-150 with Verizon. I've noticed that my bill with Verizon keeps getting higher and higher each month.

13. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

i got nationwide talk and text 450, unlimited everything else. contract ends in sept 2015. am i eligible?

14. patt2k thread starter macrumors regular

Seems like you got a lazy rep.. idk not sure.

Call again mention "Loyalty Credit"

and yes he was partially right when you are out of contract you do get discount but this is for contract only lines :)

don't say loyalty discount but LOYALTY CREDIT 10$ off for 12 months.
    I honestly helped few people and none of them had issues with them being applied.

Just call again act like you know your stuff, I would start like that:

I would like to have Loyalty Credit put on my lines ending in . XXX-XXX-1111 , 2222 etc.. if you are unfamiliar which promo it is it gives 10$ off for 12 months when on contract.

That would be a negative.

Starting today Verizon is offering 4G LTE phones on prepaid.
    Meaning you can bring your 5S to prepaid.

Hope that helps ;)

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

In that case it might not be worth it. That said, if everything is more or less the same month to month then the bill shouldn't really be going up or changing. You might want to look at the different bills to see where the changes are coming from.

16. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I looked on it once and noticed that taxes for me were about $10... Which is ridiculous if you ask me. Even though where I live is a bit expensive.

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

Taxes and fees can be like that, and mostly depend on your locality. That said, it shouldn't have the bill going up from month to month if nothing is really changing.

18. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Well, maybe it was because I moved from one area of LA to another but my taxes before I enrolled in school were only about $3 max, when I moved to my school the taxes went up when I changed my address.. Which I found a bit weird. Plus like I've said before I only get 3G when I'm at school and that's 90% of the time and Verizon is expensive for me. I've looked up T-Mobile and AT&T and found out that I'll only be paying between $94-$107 with either company, which isn't bad at all.

19. maflynn, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014

maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Thread has been re-opened. I mis-understood the first post, my apologies for any consternation.

20. 1981d macrumors regular

Verizon Free GB + Loyalty Discount Chat Transcript

Thanks to patt2k for originally posting this. Following his advice, I was able to get the free 1 GB of data and explanation about how to qualify for the $10 off per line loyalty discount with Verizon. Here is the script, you should be able to copy it verbatim and get this deal as well:

Please hold for a Support Representative to assist you.
    Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless.

Your Chat Session ID is RTXXXXXXXXXXX.

My name is Sherrelle, how may I assist you?
    1981D: An acquaintance of mine told me that I might be eligible to have a Loyalty Credit put on my lines ending in xxx-xxx-xxxx and xxx-xxx-xxxx. If you are unfamiliar which promo it is it gives $10off for 12 months when on contract. Also, he mentioned that You might also have a promotion whereby I could receive an extra 1 GB of data on my plans for free. Am I eligible to receive either of these promotions?
    Sherrelle: 1981D, yes, I will be happy to look at your account to see if you are eligible for these discounts.
    Sherrelle: 1981D, may I please have your last name and the last 4 digits of the SSN.
    1981D: Sure. 1981d, 0000
    Sherrelle: 1981D, thank you, please allow me a moment to look at the account for you.
    1981D: No problem.
    Sherrelle: 1981D, thank you so much for your patience, to be eligible for the $10 discount, you must be within one year of your contract and your one mark is 09/25/2014 on both line, but you can get the 1GB for free for 12 months.
    Sherrelle: We can lower your data plan to 4GB and add the 1GB for free and you can save $10.
    1981D: Ok, that sounds great. Should I ask again about the $10 discount after 9/25?
    Sherrelle: Oh yes, please and this will save you another $20 off your bill.
    Sherrelle: Please allow me a moment to make the change for you!
    1981D:No problem, thanks!
    Sherrelle: You are so welcome!
    Sherrelle: May I ask are you having a good morning?
    1981D: Yes, thanks you for asking. And You?
    Sherrelle: Yes, I'm having a good morning, thanks for asking!
    Sherrelle: I appreciate your patience while I process your order, please bear with me for a few more moments.
    Sherrelle: I truly appreciate your patience. Xxxxxxxxxx is your confirmation number. No other changes were made to your account today other than the one (s) we have discussed.Your new plan will be effective at 07/17 .The contract end date/ upgrade dates for your lines did not change.
    1981D: Thank you!
    Sherrelle: Thank you so much for being a part of our Verizon Wireless Family. Please click on "END CHAT" in the top RIGHT corner to close this chat and have the opportunity to complete a brief survey.

21. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

I tried and failed have 3 lines., and one has unlimited data. Others are on share everything. I was told my unlimited data would be gone if I agreed to promotion -.- (I called)

22. 1981d macrumors regular

Well, yeah, you're one of those grandfathered unlimited data people. Nobody likes that guy:/

jk, jk:) But man, it seems like ATT and Verizon just pile on you guys. no upgrades, no discounts, no promotions, no love. But I guess you have your unlimited data to keep you warm:)

23. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

Yeah they give us no options. But using 20gb plus a month is nice.

24. patt2k, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014

patt2k thread starter macrumors regular

Loyalty credit CHAT reps don't have exact idea about it..
    basically you may have less then 1 year but it will extend it to same day just one year ahead..

but if your contract ends in September you are better off waiting until you upgrade or keep the (Month2Month) discount.

25. C DM macrumors Westmere

Interesting, I thought if you had more than 1 year left on your contract they simply add the $10/month off that lasts for a year. I guess perhaps the way they have it set up is that it might actually change your contract date to 1 year in the future from now which might actually move it back for you if you have a more than a year left currently, so they potentially only do it now for those who have 1 year or less left.