I'm taking a grad level iOS development course and while a VM on my 6th gen i7 laptop with 16gb isn't so bad I figured I'd take a plunge and buy my first Mac computer. Last night I had placed an order for the pro 13 with the 2.9ghz and 16gb of ram. My friend told me I should cancel my order and wait because probably in early Oct the new model will be released. By then and by the time it ships it will probably already be half way through the semester. I'm having a hard time deciding if I should keep my current order or if I should wait a few weeks and see if the new one is released but since that's a rumor I'm afraid I'll wait and it wont be announced or released and I'll end up having to buy the older model anyway. decisions decisions.