Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Black Friday discounts have arrived for the Beats Studio Pro wireless Bluetooth headphones, available on Amazon for $169.95, down from $349.99. Amazon has these headphones in all four colors: Black, Deep Brown, Navy, and Sandstone.

beats-snow.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This new sale beats the previous all-time low price seen earlier in November by about $10. At a discount of $180, this is just over 50 percent off the original price of the accessory and one of the best headphones-related Black Friday discount we've seen this season.

The headphones come with improved sound quality, voice performance, comfort and durability, and connectivity compared to previous generation Beats. They launched back in June and have been coming down in price ever since the end of the summer.

You can find all the Apple Black Friday Deals currently available in our dedicated post. For everything else, we're keeping track of all of the season's best Apple-related deals in our Black Friday roundup, so be sure to check back throughout the month for an updated list of all the most notable discounts you'll find for Black Friday 2023.

Article Link: Get Beats Studio Pro Headphones for Just $169.95 With Amazon's Massive 51% Black Friday Discount

3xBoom

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2020
Have been using these for the past couple of months extensively. Great for this price for sure. ANC might can be better (will not block lawn mower or revving engine sounds all the way) but OK. Otherwise are quite comfy; battery life is awesome compared to in-ear buds from Apple/Beats. Can get hot in hot and steamy weather but this is common for most of this kind.

Edit: these also support spatial audio out of the box. I also created Snapshot shortcuts to easily access and changes Bluetooth and Equalizer settings instead of digging through Settings stack.

Last edited:

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2010
Asking just because, are these in anyways better than Bose or Sony? It’s not cheap by any means, I mean this one is marked down from $350. I certainly won’t consider that cheap.

I can think of at least couple other brand with the same price range before I event consider beats, even at this marked down price.

cheesygrin

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2008
$170 USD is about £135 GBP. These same headphones on the current Black Friday deal on Amazon UK are £279. Ridiculous.

Reactions: theadz01

kmod75

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2015
Houston
are these worth buying for an eleven-year-old? better than loaning out my nice sony's and or bose headphones?
If you don't mind paying the $169, yes, they're worth it. I received my pair yesterday via Amazon on the same deal. They are awesome headphones! Navy blue color is nice, too.

Reactions: DEXTERITY

WishyWashyUK

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2021
$170 USD is about £135 GBP. These same headphones on the current Black Friday deal on Amazon UK are £279. Ridiculous.
Totally - came here to say the same. Argos were selling the 6 year-old, discontinued (micro USB!) Studio3’s for £99 yesterday and it blew up the deals sites. Crazy how much better the sales are in the US!

emlarsen

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2008
I own these and they're so disappointing. No apple chip for quick switching, they're awful quiet, and the ANC is terrible for their normal price point. I wish I had returned them.

Reactions: maxorific1

Student of Life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
Note that Costco is the same price and includes AppleCare+ (not sure what good those are for headphones).
Honestly thats a great deal. AppleCare+ is very valuable in this instance because the previous Beats had a tendency to break. For this price they are great.

If you're not like an audio snob you will like them. I got them for my Wife and she loves them, the only issue is sometimes its a pain to connect to an older intel iMac but I think its more of the iMac issue since she has no problem connecting them to her iPhone or iPads

Reactions: Dj64Mk7

CIA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
Bought a pair a few weeks back. Sound is decent, battery life is terrific. Noise cancelling seems ok to me but I don't really have a point of reference on that part. They are a little tight at first, (or maybe I have a big head). They seem to have loosened up though. The Spatial Audio takes some getting use to, threw me off at first.

roar08

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2008
Asking just because, are these in anyways better than Bose or Sony? It’s not cheap by any means, I mean this one is marked down from $350. I certainly won’t consider that cheap.

I can think of at least couple other brand with the same price range before I event consider beats, even at this marked down price.

The Sony XM4 is superior by a notable margin. The XM4 is even superior — in some significant aspects — to its successor, the XM5. If you're budget-constrained, this is a good deal. If not, get the XM4s when they drop to 299 (or lower).

Reactions: DEXTERITY

SAIRUS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2008
Had these for a day*, and while you can hear some high res audio, the noise cancelling is about on par of the old Bose QuietComforts. The 700s are definitely better for noise cancellation, and the AirPods Max are definitely one of the best (along with the Sony XM5s).

Travel wise, these are pretty awesome as they fold down pretty well. That said I have a pair of Bose QC Ultra’s waiting to be tested so I might have to change my rankings around. (Airpods Max at least for me are terrible after an hour since they are heavy).

*I have huge ears, so these just sit on them and were uncomfortable. So that lead to additional sound quality issues.

Reactions: EdRed

McWetty

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Picked up a pair at Costco. Pretty disappointed in the lack of a H1/W1 chip. They may be going back.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009

Not even close to Bose or Sony, when speaking on comfort and sound quality. Also, ANC on Beats just suck.

370zulu

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2014
The price makes these VERY attractive. Great price for sure.

Back in August/September, I chose the Bose QC45's over these after some deliberation. Nothing scientific, just preferred the Bose.

For this price, I would have gone with the Beats.

bradman83

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2020
Buffalo, NY

No they are not. At the 50% off price they're comparable to other $150 headphones.

The Sony XM5 and Sennheiser Momentum 4 headphones are considered to be the best in their category for premium ANC headphones in the $350 -$400 range. The Sonys are considered best for ANC, the Sennheiser's for pure audio quality. (Both are on sale, albeit not for as aggressive a discount). Bose is well liked by consumers but many audiophiles turn their noses up at the sound quality.

Reactions: aajeevlin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.