Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Isptn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2020
Hi I am newbie to Mac development and currently trying to get info whether a display is captured, I found such info in doc: CGDisplayIsCaptured(_:).

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/coregraphics/1562061-cgdisplayiscaptured.

But this one is deprecated. How can I find out whether a display is captured in other way?
The goal is: The app should be visible only for user not for those, who see shared screen. So II need to blur the app on screen capture or send notification to user that screen is currently capturing, so I need to know which event cold notify me about that.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Whilst I don't have the answer, it doesn't sound to me like like CGDislayIsCaptured works like UIScreen.isCaptured does. It looks to me based on the docs like the CG one is more like a mutex on the screen for exclusive render rights.

If you are however developing using Catalyst, UIScreen has an isCaptured member, but I don't know and couldn't find an NSScreen equivalent

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.