Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

titaniumdecoy

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Hi all,

I need to get the (proxy) icon that appears in a document's title bar. How can I do this? Thanks.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Are you really just wanting the icon to the file of the document? Since this is what is displayed in the title bar of a document's window, you can use NSWorkspace's iconForFile: method and set the returned image's size to 16x16 using setSize:

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Hi all,

I need to get the (proxy) icon that appears in a document's title bar. How can I do this? Thanks.

Type command-space, then "proxyicon". On my machine, it finds among other things "Window Manager Reference", which will tell you how to add a proxy icon to a window, how to get the icon, how to handle dragging it etc. in Carbon applications.

titaniumdecoy

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Thanks. The Window Manager looks like the real deal. However, I have no experience programming in Carbon and therefore have no idea how to get a reference to the aforementioned Window Manager. I would appreciate any guidance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.