Getting a little awkward and personal.......

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
I'm going to be brave and swallow the embarrasment, but I've had diarrhea for since early Saturday morning.

I'm crapping about every 90 minutes, and it's getting more liquidy at time progresses. I'll feel fine for a while, then my stomach will "growl" (not because of hunger or anything) and sort of hurt then bombs away!

Just thought I'd share.

Ooh. Any home remedies? I thought about drinking some salt water, but I'm not sure what that'll do.

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
iMacZealot said:
I'm going to be brave and swallow the embarrasment, but I've had diarrhea for since early Saturday morning.

I'm crapping about every 90 minutes, and it's getting more liquidy at time progresses. I'll feel fine for a while, then my stomach will "growl" (not because of hunger or anything) and sort of hurt then bombs away!

Just thought I'd share.

Ooh. Any home remedies? I thought about drinking some salt water, but I'm not sure what that'll do.
Stay off the food for a while, you'll be dehydrating quickly so plenty of fluids. Drink stuff like Lucozade every now and then to keep your sugar and salts up but stick mainly to water.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
iMacZealot said:
Any home remedies?
You could trot (HAW HAW!) down to the store and get some Kaopectate, I guess. & if it keeps up, you may want to call the doc tomorrow.

Zman5225

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2005
Tacoma WA
iMacZealot said:

Just thought I'd share.

Charcoal pills from GNC or any vitamin store should calm it down some. You probably have some sort of stomach virus, wouldn't hurt to head to the doctors office for an appointment.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
well your body is losing lots of liquids, if your piss is too yellow, you should drink lots of liquids, water, but if water is too boring then sports drinks, NO CAFFEINATED drinks, this should help avoid you getting dehydrated, as for the thing itself, there aren't remedies that I know of. goodluck...what a nasty thread!

Edit: DAMN!! 4 replies within 2 minutes, interesting

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
iMacZealot said:

Just thought I'd share.

You have a serious condition.

I suggest that you see a doctor as soon as you can. This is not a time for home remedies.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
sushi said:

I suggest that you see a doctor as soon as you can. This is not a time for home remedies.
Ya, diarrhea that lasts more than 24 hours is probably something you should get professional help with.

Also, don't drink salt water. That will likely dehydrate you even more than you already are.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
WARNING:
AWKWARD
STATEMENT
AHEAD

OK, just got back from the can, clear piss, no s**t.

(Highlight to see)
END OF
AWKWARD
STATEMENT

I've been drinking this "Clear" flavored sparkling water from Safeway. No sugar or anything, just flavorings. Perhaps this will help.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
I'd agree that you should go see a doctor, especially if you're not better tomorrow morning and if there's temperature. I hope you're taking measures to hydrate.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Have you eaten any bagged spinach lately? ;)

Call your doc. Until you see him/her, stay hydrated. ...And do your best to keep it "passing through." You have diarrhea for a reason; your body is trying to get rid of something.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
EricNau said:
Have you eaten any bagged spinach lately? ;)

Call your doc.
No, although we did look at some in school.

I'm feeling alright as for now. Stomach seems to be fine. I'll try the liquid route unless if it perseveres tomorrow.

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
just get some Imodium AD. It'll kill the "I've gotta poop" urge. And drink plenty of water...orange juice too.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
theres a little too much "OMG go to the doctor" around here for my flavor ... well thats probably why I would never ask medical advice because to me doctors are last resort solutions for things that can't be fixed over the counter or won't go away in a reasonable time ...

I second ImodiumAD ... its a great thing

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Imodium AD will defnitely cure it but then you won't go for another few days. I think you should ride it out. If it seems like the movements are getting farther apart, that's a good thing. Drink plenty of water you gotta stay hydrated.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Yeah, I've been drinking a lot tonight, and last two trips, nothing but clear urine.

So, I think things are starting to turn around.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Kwyjibo said:
...well thats probably why I would never ask medical advice because to me doctors are last resort solutions for things that can't be fixed over the counter or won't go away in a reasonable time ...
But the only way to find out if it's too late and whether he should go see his doctor is if he waits and loses even more fluid. So if he sits at home and you're right, then he's fine. If he sits at home and it's something serious, it could be lethal and his body could be so depleted of liquids that he couldn't safely go out and drive to a doctor.

sushi said:

Agreed.

Go see a doctor if this persists until Monday morning. Home remedies are for normal situations. The amount of diarrhea isn't considered "normal" if it persists and doesn't get better after 24 hours.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Chundles said:
But Diarrhoea is the S*it.
LOL! :D :D :D

I had a serious incident with diarrhea before. That is why I am a bit concerned. The problem is with your intestines. If they become damaged, which clear liquid diarrhea is an indicator, you can end up with other problems. That is why I recommend seeing a doctor.

BTW, when I had mine, the doc paid dearly for the live sample that he took. Blew all over him and the office. What a mess! Needless to say, I was embarrassed. He just said something like it's just business as usual don't worry about it.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
sushi said:
If they become damaged, which clear liquid diarrhea is an indicator, you can end up with other problems. That is why I recommend seeing a doctor.
Isn't that a problem with bile not being produced???