Getting an iMac should i trade for a MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MarkCooz, Apr 7, 2010.

  1. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

    Jul 12, 2009
    Hey guys, I'm getting a 27" iMac soon, well it's from a contest.
    I was wondering if I should just stick with the iMac or not...
    It'll be just the base model of 27" iMac.

    So if i want to get a MBP I should just trade it right?
    or should i just sell it and buy a brand new MBP...
    and also what should i get? I'm only going to go with the 15" or 17"
    I've had enough with the 13" MB's...

    I already own a MB White Unibody...

    And also i want to know if it takes up a lot of electricity if i use an iMac
  2. twilightrose macrumors member

    Feb 8, 2010
    Would you benefit more frm the iMac or MBP?
  3. Jaro65 macrumors 68040


    Mar 27, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Of course the iMac, with its bigger screen, is going to consume a bit more electricity. The bigger question likely is whether you need to be mobile, or not. One solution may be to sell your MB and get a 15" MBP. You would still be mobile, and you can always connect a larger monitor to it if so desired.
  4. MarkCooz thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Jul 12, 2009
    Well I need a powerful machine...
    And well i don't want to spend too much on electricity power when editing videos, and all that stuff.

    Plus a MacBook is a portable computer. I can take it anywhere

    Do you guys know when the new MBP are coming out?
    and what do you think it'll come with? is it going to be much more powerful than the current generation.?

    Also what do you guys suggest for a Videographer/YouTuber?

    Wait for the new MBP?
  5. LesQQmorePewPew macrumors member

    Nov 11, 2009
    is electricity expensive where u live?
  6. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816


    Apr 22, 2009
  7. coolmacguy macrumors regular

    Dec 6, 2002
    Since you've said you need a powerful computer to edit videos, I would stick with the iMac, especially since you already have a laptop you can use if you need to go mobile.
  8. MarkCooz thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Jul 12, 2009
    Local event in my area. :p :apple:

    Well I do need a powerful computer, and I'm thinking of just selling my UBWMacBook and just trading the iMac in for a MBP 17? with some extra money from the MacBook. I've seen some nifty reviews for the 17" and I'm really impressed.
    Also I've been hearing that Apple will release the new "MacBook's Series" soon, and it'll come with new graphics and processors... If there's a newer one, should i wait for that, and just sell my Brand New iMac and MB for that? cause I'm thinking of also buying a real HD Camera soon.

    Also yes, electricity is expensive in my house. haha there's just so many things plugged in the house, and man The housemates aren't going to be pretty happy haha. There's a lot of us in this house
  9. pyroza macrumors regular

    Dec 31, 2009
    I don't think you should be spending nearly $2000 on a computer if you're that worried about electricity costs...
  10. Feng Shui macrumors regular

    Apr 9, 2008
    For the sake of a bigger screen, keep the iMac! I'm sure a bigger screen is better for editing.
  11. Relznuk macrumors 6502


    Sep 27, 2009
    UT, USA
    If you need portability, get a MBP. For anything else, keep your great iMac that you were so lucky to win!
  12. MarkCooz thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Jul 12, 2009
    Thanks for all the help guys! I'll try to go over this thing by tomorrow. I'll let you know! :apple:

Share This Page