getting an iPhone 4S at apple store tmrw

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JonaYO, Nov 1, 2011.

1. JonaYO macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

just a quick question, I am getting an iPhone 4S at an Apple Store at Jordan Creek. I was wondering, because im eligible for an upgrade, can i still purchase the iPhone at full retail price so i can take advantage of the unlocked one early?

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Sure, but that if you're on AT&T. If you're on Verizon or Sprint, you can get them unlocked anyways.

You might want to specify that just to make sure they don't screw with your upgrade dates

3. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Assuming you're on AT&T, don't mention your upgrade eligibility if you want your device at full retail (presumably so that it's unlocked). I made sure I could get it at full retail without activation in the store, claiming to be purchasing it as a gift for my wife who was not eligible for an upgrade and had no problems--was in and out in 5 minutes.

4. JonaYO thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, i am on AT&T, is there anything that i need to do when i get the phone? like to not activate it with an AT&T sim inside or what else?

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Nope. Only thing you have to do is make sure they're selling you once at full price and that your upgrade/contract dates don't get screwed.

6. JonaYO thread starter macrumors newbie

what you mean update/contract dates dont get screwed?

7. wellok macrumors 6502

Is it really necessary to do that? Why not just tell them you don't want to use your upgrade?