Getting annoyed with iPhone 4 (Verizon)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by flipster, Jun 21, 2011.

1. flipster, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011

flipster macrumors 6502a

This is my second iPhone, it's two weeks old and things on it are starting to bug me. For example, one minute my PING is ultra high with slow download and upload speeds, the next is it low with fast download and upload speeds.

Every time I go to download an app, I get this message.

Every time the app is suppose to download, it just says "installing" and I have to reboot the phone in order for it to actually install. Another thing is when I'm viewing a web page, the service will automatically stop loading, and I'll have to reboot.

None of my friend's have this problem, and there's just little things that are starting to bug me.

I didn't come here to complain, I love this phone, but it is my second one, and I just need to know if these things are common nuisances that happen to everyone. Is it software related? I've done 5 hard resets, and one restore already. What should I do?

Attached Files:

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It looks like you were downloading that app over cellular data. By your flakey Speedtests and data problems in the opening post (web pages stop loading), I'm willing to say that your main problem is Verizon. It's probably screwing up in the middle of the app download as it does on your speedtests, thus giving you those errors.

3. flipster thread starter macrumors 6502a

So, the service is at fault here? It's been happening the past couple of days. What about the "You've already purchased this app" thing? Thank you for helping me! :)

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i get that app error message from time to time

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

If the problem doesn't occur on WiFi, then it's most probably just Verizon.
    That's what it seems to be based on everything you've told us.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Well in the first pic you're clearly on Edge (or whatever they call in on Verizon), so it's not that shocking that your speeds are crap.

7. flipster thread starter macrumors 6502a

It keeps happening though, the first pic is 2:24PM, second is 2:25PM. I should've specified that it happens on 3G too, sorry. :apple:

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I think they call it 1xRTT. I'm not sure if that's the equivalent of Edge though since GSM has three levels (3G, Edge, GPRS) and CDMA has two levels (EVDO, 1xRTT) per iPhone manual.

But as you said, it's garbage. It's not worth trying to do anything on that kind of network.