getting apple to upgrade my bent 6 to 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cjmeep, Sep 16, 2015.

1. cjmeep macrumors member

is this possible. have poeple in the past been able to do a warranty replacment to the new model or would i have to pay the extra.

P.S sorry if this has been asked

2. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

Never. You get the same model you originally had, unless they no longer sell it.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Sorry, it sounds good but they will never do this unless they do not have stock of your current model.

4. Azzin macrumors 68040

Apple's policy is 100% a like for model, they don't even offer a different colour model, let alone a newer phone.

5. cjmeep thread starter macrumors member

i do have the gold 6 which the have stopped selling might get lucky hahah

6. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Depending on the "bend" they might not replace it all all!

7. cjmeep thread starter macrumors member

its not a huge bend but enough to cause a slight gap between the display and the case. everytime i use that side of the screen get a clicking noise and can feel the screen move

8. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

So you damaged your phone and want Apple to give you the new "S" model as a reward?

9. ABC5S macrumors 68040

No you won't. Guaranteed

10. Azzin macrumors 68040

Stopped selling, not stopped stocking for warranty and OoW replacements.

11. cjmeep thread starter macrumors member

no not at all. i didnt bend my phone on perpose as im happy with the six. its been like it for months but the my local apple store always fully booked so getting an appointment is a nightmare. im happy to get a 6 but would rather have the stonger 6s and not have to get it swapped again. im happy to pay the extra to upgrade.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

You will not be happy then as they will not allow you to upgrade.

13. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

even if you had an iphone 4 they would give you a 4 not even a 4S!' they have a pretty big stock of products they no longer sell even in the apple store. yes 3GS as well.

14. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

This. They will still have it for replacements. Hell they replaced the original iPhone up until maybe 2 years ago.

15. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

the upgrade price would be $650 if you want

16. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Actually they will have gold in stock for replacement purposes so they will replace it for the same exact model.

17. Azzin macrumors 68040

Yep, I think their policy is to carry replacements for 7 years from the device's original launch date.

18. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Trust me, they will still have warranty replacements on a big shelf out back.... Way back in the day when the original shuffle had been updated a few months earlier (& I had never set foot in an Apple Store before, except to browse), I got all excited when they agreed to replace my last gen shuffle... I never dreamt that they would still have the old model in stock for replacement, but they did. And back then Apple weren't even a fraction of the retail monster that they are today.

19. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

What I would suggest you doing then is go to your Apple Store as soon as possible and get the replacement for you 6 (to another 6) and then immediately sell it somewhere, Craigslist , eBay, swappa (which I just used, I loved it) or something of the like.. That way you can technically sell it as a like new phone with no scratches or dents/ marks and you will get the most resale value and then you can buy the 6S.

20. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

This could only happen via applecare on the phone. After 5 straight replacements, they will give you the newer model. They did it for me once and my sister once. Gave me a 5s after all the scratching problems with the 5.

21. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

You will never get an upgrade, but you may get a replacement. Just go to the Apple Store already and find out whether it is eligible for replacement.

22. melb00m macrumors regular

If they did that, there would be a huge flow of "accidentally" bent iPhones coming in every year right after a new model is released. So no, Apple is not that stupid.

23. cjmeep, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015

cjmeep thread starter macrumors member

damn hahah cheers for the help. only asking because when first got retina pro had few hardware problems and just gave me the new model and not the one i had as had which was bonus. just wondering if was still the same with the phones.

fyi some of you need to calm or just watch your wording. makes you come accross abit angry for a simple question

i am aware but its been bent for months now and its a nightmare to get an apointment at my local store as its the only one in northern ireland.

24. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I actually have heard of that with macs.

25. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

check appointments daily. I noticed they will show they are full for sometimes a week out, but then when you check later that day there are appointments for the same day open.