Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjmeep

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
belfast
is this possible. have poeple in the past been able to do a warranty replacment to the new model or would i have to pay the extra.

P.S sorry if this has been asked

Reactions: Statusnone88

cjmeep

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
belfast
its not a huge bend but enough to cause a slight gap between the display and the case. everytime i use that side of the screen get a clicking noise and can feel the screen move

cjmeep

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
belfast
no not at all. i didnt bend my phone on perpose as im happy with the six. its been like it for months but the my local apple store always fully booked so getting an appointment is a nightmare. im happy to get a 6 but would rather have the stonger 6s and not have to get it swapped again. im happy to pay the extra to upgrade.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
no not at all. i didnt bend my phone on perpose as im happy with the six. its been like it for months but the my local apple store always fully booked so getting an appointment is a nightmare. im happy to get a 6 but would rather have the stonger 6s and not have to get it swapped again. im happy to pay the extra to upgrade.

You will not be happy then as they will not allow you to upgrade.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
even if you had an iphone 4 they would give you a 4 not even a 4S!' they have a pretty big stock of products they no longer sell even in the apple store. yes 3GS as well.

Reactions: ABC5S

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Trust me, they will still have warranty replacements on a big shelf out back.... Way back in the day when the original shuffle had been updated a few months earlier (& I had never set foot in an Apple Store before, except to browse), I got all excited when they agreed to replace my last gen shuffle... I never dreamt that they would still have the old model in stock for replacement, but they did. And back then Apple weren't even a fraction of the retail monster that they are today.

campingsk8er

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2011
Elizabethtown, PA
What I would suggest you doing then is go to your Apple Store as soon as possible and get the replacement for you 6 (to another 6) and then immediately sell it somewhere, Craigslist , eBay, swappa (which I just used, I loved it) or something of the like.. That way you can technically sell it as a like new phone with no scratches or dents/ marks and you will get the most resale value and then you can buy the 6S.

Reactions: D.T. and cjmeep

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
This could only happen via applecare on the phone. After 5 straight replacements, they will give you the newer model. They did it for me once and my sister once. Gave me a 5s after all the scratching problems with the 5.

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
You will never get an upgrade, but you may get a replacement. Just go to the Apple Store already and find out whether it is eligible for replacement.

melb00m

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
is this possible. have poeple in the past been able to do a warranty replacment to the new model or would i have to pay the extra.

P.S sorry if this has been asked

If they did that, there would be a huge flow of "accidentally" bent iPhones coming in every year right after a new model is released. So no, Apple is not that stupid.

cjmeep

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
belfast
damn hahah cheers for the help. only asking because when first got retina pro had few hardware problems and just gave me the new model and not the one i had as had which was bonus. just wondering if was still the same with the phones.

fyi some of you need to calm or just watch your wording. makes you come accross abit angry for a simple question

If they did that, there would be a huge flow of "accidentally" bent iPhones coming in every year right after a new model is released. So no, Apple is not that stupid.
i am aware but its been bent for months now and its a nightmare to get an apointment at my local store as its the only one in northern ireland.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
damn hahah cheers for the help. only asking because when first got retina pro had few hardware problems and just gave me the new model and not the one i had as had which was bonus. just wondering if was still the same with the phones.

fyi some of you need to calm or just watch your wording. makes you come accross abit angry for a simple question

I actually have heard of that with macs.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
i am aware but its been bent for months now and its a nightmare to get an apointment at my local store as its the only one in northern ireland.

check appointments daily. I noticed they will show they are full for sometimes a week out, but then when you check later that day there are appointments for the same day open.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.