Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rades

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
I am tired of this issue. I log in to my toon, run some errands and head to the raid of 25 members. Get everything ready, then the first pull--"You Have Been Disconnected From the Server"--this happens on both a wireless and lan cable whenever a raid is occurring, but NOT when I do anything else. I live in a 3-story villa (shared by 3 people), so the router is out of my control, or at least, i have not asked for any changes to it. I have heard of "lighthouse", and wonder if that is something that could possibly fix this and also if it is a straight-forward program, since I am not the brightest bulb. Also, would turning down my settings do anything?
i am currently running:
2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 256MB memory

oh yeah, i do live in bahrain, so the best latency i can achieve is usually 400 during the day.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I don't have an answer just a comment- recently I was in a hotel trying to play WoW and I got a message, something approximating- your speed has been limited to 56k due to unusually heavy traffic to your computer. Wouldn't the traffic be the same as long as WoW is running whether you are in a dungeon or not? I wonder if there is something going on with the router?

I googled "disconnected from wow when raiding" and got several hits like:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=4032673241&sid=1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.