Getting Garage Band - Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SPNarwhal, Feb 4, 2012.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Is there anywhere to download Garage Band? Lion doesn't come with it.
    I have my iLife Discs from Snow Leopard, but I have an OptiBay so no disc drive.

If worst comes to worst, I can install a USB Optical Drive, but 1.) Will that even work? Will it let me run a software Snow Leopard disc?

And 2.) Do I have to? Or can I just download it somewhere online?

Thanks.

2. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

3. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

If I'm correct, garageband is not on the snow leopard install disc. If you want to download it, the Appstore (as suggested) would be the best place.

Another option would be to make a virtual image (I have an optibay as well, I made virtual images from the Adobe Disc Installers with my iMac). You just need a mac (Windows PC will probably do too) and make an image. For that, see google.

4. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

It doesn't come on the Snow Leopard installation disc, but Snow Leopard Macs did come with a 2nd disc for Applications. (Which included iMovie, Garage Band, etc.)
    What I meant by Snow Leopard disc is just the set of discs you got with a Snow Leopard Mac, not the retail copy of Snow Leopard. Sorry.

I don't think I should have to pay 15 dollars for the Apps just because I upgraded to Lion.

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....the version that came on your 10.6 install discs should work just fine under Lion, no need to pay again. As said already, you just need to find the best way to get the installer from the dvd onto something you can work from....oh yeah!

6. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I can confirm it will definitely work. But yeah, getting it from the DVD to your computer is your only obstacle.