getting ipad2 tomorrow. what should i get and expect

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rever3nce, Apr 21, 2011.

1. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

getting a white32GB ipad2 tomorrow or Saturday . what are some of the first apps i should download and any accessories you recommend ? im really gonna want a screen protector

PS i have a MBP and iphone4 . i know some apps can be interactive with apple devices .

thanks for any help and advice and sorry if this has been answered already or similar thread

2. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

Getting as in walking into an apple store tomorrow?

GOOD LUCK. All I can say from that is you definitely are NOT getting an ipad tomorrow.

3. rever3nce thread starter macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

like i said . i sure did but not everyone has an ipad an iphone and a MBP so there are some specific apps i would like to see . dont be hating :)

and no i special ordered the white one from another radioshack and should be here tomorrow or sat

4. solaris7 macrumors regular

Ignore all the irrelevant posts above, posts such as those unfortunately taint every forum.

Back to your original topic, what you should expect tomorrow once you get it is definitely an iPad 2.

5. rever3nce thread starter macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

lol so many negative people its funny

learn to grow up and not complain so much in your life .

6. mojohojo macrumors regular

and so what if you have macbook and iphone as well? needing our approval for being an apple whore? not relevant at all.
    accesories to get - go check the accesories thread.
    apps to get - go check the apps thread.

7. Charadis macrumors 6502a

I would recommend downloading the iWorks suite on the App Store. They are excellent tools for on the go productivity; you can download each tool (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote) separately as needed for $9.99 per app.

I'd also recommend some games and, if you enjoy reading books, iBooks is a must. If you've got a collection started in Kindle, download that. If you listen to music often, also download Shazam and/or Soundhound; I believe both offer unlimited tagging on the iPad (at least Soundhound does, and Shazam may still do that). You'll probably not need a calculator, but I think it's convenient to have anyways; I was actually surprised my iPad did not come with a calculator. :(

There is one more thing I'd highly recommend - bum bud da bummm! - download the Find My iPhone app and setup a MobileMe account to locate your iPad, or use your existing MobileMe account that you have with your iPhone 4. There's peace of mind in doing this FIRST before you forget to and regret it.

You should be set. Finally, congrats in advance on your new toy. Enjoy

-C

8. rever3nce thread starter macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

just saying i have them and there are some apps that are interactive

JEEEZZZZZ if i wanted to brag i wouldnt be here

and i guess i will troll around the forums just like yall are :)

dont reply on this thread anymore and close it !!!! pointless responses and i know yall are gonna say pointless thread so peace out !!! im gonna go troll like the rest of you

9. Capt T macrumors 6502a

How do you plan to use it? May help for giving suggestions

10. rever3nce thread starter macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

thanks!!!! now was that so hard??? i appreciate the help . wish there were more people like you !

11. rever3nce thread starter macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

im looking for something that i can take pics on my ipad and share them with my MBP . looking for stuff that i can do video and music sharing, example : if i have music from my MBP i can send it to my ipad or an app like "remote" thats pretty neat . just those "must have" or cool apps that i might not originally find myself

i really enjoy playing games on it like angry birds but my FAVORITE is PVZ (plants vs zombies) im addicted to that game

12. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

Hahahaha. So awesome! Very skilled solaris, very skilled.

13. Charadis macrumors 6502a

No prob, glad to help. Just ignore the hate; some people can't be helped. I forgot to add, if you're thinking about placing a screen protector/skin on your new iPad (highly recommended), I'd highly HIGHLY recommend getting a Skinomi over Zagg's InvisibleShield or BestSkinsEver. I've tried all three I've listed above. For the 3 days that I had my iPad naked without a skin, I acquired a nice fairly sized scratch on the aluminum back, just under the Apple logo. The aluminum is durable up to a point, but unfortunately, I let others play with mine before getting the proper protection

-C

14. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

+1 :)

15. Jimbo Asprilla macrumors regular

Jimbo Asprilla

Good luck, you might get one, I spent all yesterday morning calling my Apple store, Best Buy, Walmart, Toys R us, all out of stock, then I heard about an iPhone app called "FindOne", it instantly found me a White 32Gb iPad 2 in stock at a near by Target, I called and reserved it and am using it right now !

16. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

If you are going to carry it around then get some sort of case for it as well as a screen protector. I wouldn't plan on using for taking photos as a primary camera because the ipad cameras are poor quality. Photogene is a good app.

As for apps, some have lite version so you can try them out before buying. Personally I would figure out what you want your ipad to do for you and go from there. The two games you mentioned are available in hd I think. You will notice that while games for the iphone also work on the ipad some do not look as good due to the screen size. So you might want to check out if your favorite games come in the HD ipad version.

If you read then the kindle and Nook apps are great. There are others as well for PDFs etc.

Of course the list can go on and on and on................

17. Joey47 macrumors newbie

What not to get:
    Smart cover

What to get:
    What else can you buy for it?

What's in the box:
    stickers
    Ipad2
    Charger
    Cable

18. rever3nce thread starter macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

kinda upset . was supposed to come in today but will be here monday instead . gives me time to save some cash and get accessories but i REALLY want it already . took me forever to hunt it down . thanks again for all the reply's ! i have a $15 itunes card that i need to activate so i can get some games :D just really excited to get it on monday . thanks for the screen protector comment. i will definitely look at that . and for the case im getting one from ebay :D angry birds case FTW to go with the one on my iphone haha

19. MacDaddy08 macrumors regular

MacDaddy08

+1....I hate it when people just say, "SEARCH." I know there are TONS of post on here daily, so what if there are multiple posts about the same things? Sure, you could read through tens or hundreds of threads to get an idea of what you're looking for or get an answer to a question but there are PLENTY of people here willing to help out. After all, the whole reason people even come to this forum is because they enjoy talking about Macs, yet there are some people that get angry at new threads...:confused::confused: Maybe they should go to a different forum, just sayin....:cool:

20. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

Grab Dead Space while it's on sale this weekend for 99 cents. It's $10 normally. Also, Bug Heroes is free for a limited time and totally worth a spin. There's some IAP but not needed to play the game.

Death Rally is cool as well and I think the price was dropped to $3.

Also, if you haven't done it yet, visit toucharcade.com as they've got the skinny on the iOS gaming scene. They also happen to be owned by the same people that own this site.

21. rever3nce thread starter macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

DAMNNNNNNN it comes in this monday!!!! GRRRRRR

22. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

You can still buy the game through iTunes on your computer. You'll just have to wait until your iPad comes in to move it from your computer to your iPad.

23. rever3nce thread starter macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

awesome . i think i will do that. thanks for the help! monday is gonna be super slow to get here :( haha

24. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

No problemo, glad to help. :) Enjoy your new iPad when it finally arrives! :D

25. rever3nce thread starter macrumors 6502a

rever3nce