iPad Getting iPad3, Original iPad gift for niece. Need Help theme!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ShAdOwXPR, Jan 26, 2012.

1. ShAdOwXPR, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012

ShAdOwXPR macrumors member

Hi I'm getting the iPad 3 and giving my original iPad to my niece (8 year old). I need help with Theme and a few other things.

Here is what I'm getting her; (plz let me know if you know of a better option)

1. Ottebobx iPad Defender Series Case (let me know if there is a better one)

[​IMG][​IMG]

2.Hot Pink Hands-free 3.5mm Headset For Apple iPhone 4 (any other good quality pink headphones for in teh 2-0$ range?)

[​IMG]

3. A good iPad stand for kids Tablet Pet Pal (is there a better one than this)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Latest Captures;

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Whats left to do; (i will look into building the deb. after i finish the theme)

1. The battery is pink only while charging. I need the battery icon names when the battery is not charging so i can change it to pink.

2. How to use the icons i made for the multitasking music controls to the lock screen music controls. Basically the names and location so i can change them. The name of the file for the volume controls on both the multitasking & lock screen music control so i can change them to pink.

3. Where can i download (iPink icons), need a link is not working on cydia. How to make borders for the rest of the icons. I need the name/location for the pink borders I'm making.

4. Wallpaper is still side ways and low res if i use an ipad res image its zoom. (captures are using wallpaper/lockscreen choose on ipad not by the theme)

[​IMG]

5. Name/location for the lockscreen wallpaper I have the file don't know how to add it.

[​IMG]

Here is the latest theme file;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9150537/Dasa...eme3.theme.zip

Wallpaper/lock screen should be the easier stuff, can't get it to work. Will really appreciate help there...

Can't I install the pictures to the stock wallpapers/lock screen and made iOS choose them when I choose the theme? when iOS does it it works but when it's SB is sideways and zoom (i know the zoom problem is because SB thinks is a iphone and not ipad theme but the sideways i can't figure out)...

I need help with a animated boot logo I have install the cydia "Apple Boot Logo" app and have it on my settings. I want to make this a animated logo in pink;

[​IMG]

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

While custom theme is a nice idea for your niece, you have to make sure she (and her parents) understand that they can't install over-the-air iOS updates, or bye-bye jailbreak ergo bye-bye custom theme!

Considering that, you might be better off just leaving it stock and giving her the iPad with just the Hello Kitty wallpapers. You can either sync the pics to your iPad through iTunes, or email the pics to an email account you set up on your iPad and save them to the camera roll. From there you can set up the lock screen and wallpaper in the settings app.

3. ShAdOwXPR thread starter macrumors member

Sorry about the big pictures how can i make them thumbnails?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I got a mod to fix them, but for future reference, you use instead of [img].

Oh, and iPad wallpapers should be 1024x1024. That way they display correctly in both landscape and portrait.

5. ShAdOwXPR thread starter macrumors member

Thx!! she won't be updating OTA she wont have wifi much of the time. Although the original ipad I'm giving her is the 3g 64g the parents wont pay for 3g connectivity.

That's what I'm doing now for the wallpaper and lock screen but i know after i give her the ipad months after something will happen and everything will be lost. That's why I'm trying to make a complete theme so it can be reinstall easily.

So im trying to finish the theme so then i can make a deb and add the SB theme strings etc. Even upload to cydia if i found someone to help me with it. that way when she comes asking me for the theme i can install it easy.

I have never done a theme and i just want to do this one right so i dont have to mess with it again...

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Did you try googling "how to make iPad themes"?

7. ShAdOwXPR thread starter macrumors member

Have not found how to fix where I'm stuck. That's why I'm posting it here...

8. ShAdOwXPR, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

ShAdOwXPR thread starter macrumors member

Fix the lockscreen background problem, I just had to make a "ssss lockscreen.theme" folder and place the image i wanted inside named "background";

[​IMG]

I placed a 1024 x 1024 .png in the main theme name "Wallpaper" and i still get the image zoom in...

Also anyone knows the name of the status battery icon, i made it pink when its charging but cant find the one for when its normal...

Just realize something now the lock screen image is a little bit zoom in compare to when i add teh same image to the lockscreen from the ipad hmmm

9. ShAdOwXPR, Jan 27, 2012

Finish the volume controls for lockscreen & ipod player (also clean up the .png there where off color pixels everywhere); (I have the buttons for lockscreen but i have not found the names so i can change them);

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Change the wallpaper; (lighter makes the icons look better, still have not been able to use a the wallpaper i the theme and shown correctly);

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

What's left to do; (i will look into building the deb. after i finish the theme)

1. The battery is pink only while charging. I need the battery icon names when the battery is not charging so i can change it to pink.

2. How to use the icons i made for the multitasking music controls to the lock screen music controls. Basically the names and location so i can change them.

3. Wallpaper is still side ways and low res if i use an ipad res image its zoom. (captures are using wallpaper/lockscreen choose on ipad not by the theme)

4. I need help with a animated boot logo I have install the cydia "Apple Boot Logo" app and have it on my settings. I want to make this a animated logo in pink;

[​IMG]

10. ShAdOwXPR thread starter macrumors member

So i made this app store backgrounds and they show when the app starts but then it goes to black;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I do have custom pink icons but that should not intervene i guess;

[​IMG]

Any help? I know I'm a newbie to Themes and I'm using different themes plus my own stuff to make this theme. But i wont sell this thing it's for a family member...

11. ShAdOwXPR thread starter macrumors member

By the way I bought the Protecting Cover and headphones. Not sure about the Dog carrying case/stand yet...

Again any suggestions will be appreciated.

12. ShAdOwXPR thread starter macrumors member

Finish pandora app; (thumbs icons where a pain)

[​IMG][​IMG]

also added screens for app launch when it's still loading;

[​IMG][​IMG]

Added screens for ipod app;

[​IMG][​IMG]

Still have not been able to fins the names of the files for the app store, I only have the screens done;

[​IMG][​IMG]

What's left to do; (i will look into building the deb. after i finish the theme)

2. How to use the icons i made for the multitasking music controls to the lock screen music controls. Basically the names and location so i can change them.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Wallpaper is still side ways and low res if i use an ipad res image its zoom. (captures are using wallpaper/lockscreen choose on ipad not by the theme)

4. I need help with a animated boot logo I have install the cydia "Apple Boot Logo" app and have it on my settings. I want to make this a animated logo in pink;

[​IMG]

5. YouTube volume is still blue, when the video is full screen. I need the name of the file both volume fill and the knob in YouTube app. (any help)

13. ThHeartlessHero macrumors member

I don't know much about theming but keep up the amazing work. This is one of the deepest and integrated themes I've ever seen. Your niece is lucky to have you for an uncle. I think you should get this uploaded as a free theme on a Cydia repo when you get done.

If I come across anything that can help you, I will definitely post it!

14. ShAdOwXPR, Jan 29, 2012

Fixed the status battery being pink when not charging;

[​IMG]

Finished the Pink apple to Hello kitty boot logo;

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

----------

1. How to use the icons i made for the multitasking music controls to the lock screen music controls. Basically the names and location so i can change them.

[​IMG]

2. Wallpaper is still side ways and low res if i use an ipad res image its zoom. (captures are using wallpaper/lockscreen choose on ipad not by the theme)

3. YouTube volume is still blue, when the video is full screen. I need the name of the file both volume fill and the knob in YouTube app. (any help)

4. Question can I make YouTube black border to pink? file name/location?

5. How to add custom borders to icons not changed

15. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I think your "niece" is going to love the "gift" you made for "her".

16. ShAdOwXPR thread starter macrumors member

I hope so, after i finish this thing i have to rip animated movies DVD's to add to the ipad.

17. ShAdOwXPR thread starter macrumors member

Added her name to the Slider;
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking of getting this carrying/stand;

[​IMG]

This has a bear that is a stand and a back back that can be remove and used to just carry the ipad. The other dog is really ust a pillow that you can carry around. Why will you carry around pillow?

----------

LOL!!! didn't not see the " ", i have spend days on this thing and will never use it in my ipad...

18. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I like the bear bag/stand, very neat idea. Interesting to think that the iPad is popular enough with kids that people make products like these.

19. ShAdOwXPR thread starter macrumors member

here is a picture of youtube, i need the name of the volume fill and the knob;

[​IMG]

20. ShAdOwXPR thread starter macrumors member

Fixed the problem with the lock screen name not showing; (i had 2 folders with the string for the name in the slider. Deleted the one in the main theme and left the one in the lockscreen theme);

[​IMG]

But the lock screen theme is removing the Slideshow icon (i want to change this icon 2 with the music controls. Already have the icons) PLZ help with the names/location...

----------

Also anyone knows where i can download the ipink theme icon package (not working on cydia) or a pink theme with a lot of icons? I need pink icons does not matter from where...

21. ShAdOwXPR, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012

Fixed the music controls;

[​IMG]

Fixed the slideshow icon lockscreen problem;

[​IMG]

Added this icon;

[​IMG]

I want to add this wall paper named "Wallpaper.png" to the theme;

[​IMG]

but when i do the wallpaper looks sideways and zoom in on the back ground. Only way it works is by not adding it to the theme and choose it as background from the photos on the ipad.

[​IMG]

I want to make this the borders of the icons; (working on it)

[​IMG]

I already have "iPink Theme" what I'm looking for is "iPink Icons" its 13m and not working on cydia

The boot logo only runs once, how long can i make it so it will repeat a few times? Also is stretch since i made them in the iphone size, what are the dimensions for a boot logo for ipad?

22. ShAdOwXPR thread starter macrumors member

23. ShAdOwXPR, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

[​IMG]

Fixed the background when you open a folder; (also changed the folder icon background)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Fixed the wallpaper on the theme (320 x 480) was the only way to make it work;

[​IMG]

Made the flower borders for icons not changed; (they look to small, have to fix that)

[​IMG]

Found a better clock for the lock screen and added raining logos to lock screen and wallpaper; (love this clock and calendar)

[​IMG]

Changed the sounds of the theme. (not Hello Kitty related, love that it tells me when a mail is sent or received. No strange noise but a "mail sent" or "you have email")

Here is a video of the raining logos; (as soon as i start the display recorder the iPad slows down so you don't see the theme running smoothly but you get an idea)

http://youtu.be/LyXO-367piQ

What's left to do;

1. The music controls on the lock screen are not align correctly. One is close to the play button and the other is not. I have no idea how to fix this.

2. I already have "iPink Theme" what I'm looking for is "iPink Icons" its 13m and not working on cydia

3. The boot logo only runs once, how long can i make it so it will repeat a few times? Also is stretch since i made them in the iphone size, what are the dimensions for a boot logo for ipad?

4. Fix the flower borders for the icons, icons look small.

5. Make teh theme install a 1024 x 1024 ipad resolution wallpaper without zooming to iphone resolution and reorienting the picture sideways.

6. Make this a iOS 5 theme, i will upgrade this ipad to iOS 5 when i get the ipad 3.

7. All the video players from iphone apps i have been able to change teh volume progress line to pink. But the apps that are ipad native i have not been able to (youtube, etc...). I need the name/location of the volumebluefill & volumeknob for the ipad players.

8. itunes app/app store black border beneath the apps icon is still black. I need the name/location to change them to pink...

24. ShAdOwXPR, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

Looking for more help, This are the Apps/Sites/Books i have found for kids. PLZ let me know if you know of better ones or if some on the ones I'm looking at are bad.

iPad Apps;

Helicopter Taxi
    Disney Fairies Fly
    Super Why!
    American Museum of Natural History: Dinosaurs
    IGirlz Alexis
    Addroit
    Putt Putt Saves the Zoo
    Math Evolve
    Jumbline 2
    Cool Jets
    Doodlecast for Kids
    3D Brain
    Art
    BrainPOP Featured Movie
    Frog Dissection
    History:Maps of the World
    MathBoard
    Motion Math HD
    Stack the States
    StoryKit
    Color & Draw
    Crayola Color Studio HD app
    Barbie Doll’d Up Nails
    Barbie Fashionista
    My Play Home
    Talking Carl
    Barbie I Can Be
    The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
    Cake Doodle
    iKids Comics
    Kid Art
    Kideos
    PBS KIDS Video
    Super Why! Paint
    Drawing Pad

No Games because I already know the ones she wants.

iPad Sites;

Kids' Games, Animals, Photos, Stories, and More -- National Geographic Kids
    http://video.kidzui.com/
    kidyos - the best of the web for kids
    PBS KIDS Mobile
    Disney :: Videos

iPad Books;

Go, Clifford, Go!
    Finding Nemo: My Puzzle Book
    PopOut! The Tale of Peter Rabbit
    The Three Little Pigs
    Nash Smasher!