Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShAdOwXPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Fixed the shadows behind the Skype and Safari icons in the Dock;

iPadTheme2-4.jpg

Last edited:

ShAdOwXPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Made the Status bar Transparent like the dock. How do I change the carrier/time/battery % # to pink? basically the name/location of the files...

TransparentStatusBar.jpg

ShAdOwXPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Well the damn thing is almost done.

The flower borders are as they should be (i was wrongly thinking they where iphone size and not ipad size), fixed the boot logo, know what files I need to change to make the itunes/App store have a pink border (PlaceholderBanner.png the ones i have are 147 x 83 which i believe are iphone resolutions, I need the ipad dimensions and name if it's different on ipad).

What left to fix;

1. Wallpaper is 320 x 480 because the 1024 x 768 gets zoom in. (There is the ipad resolution wallpaper named "Wallpaper~ipad.png" if you get it to work plz let me know)

2. Wallpaper wont rotate with the ipad.

3. changing PlaceholderBanner.png for itunes app and App store.

4. Youtube app volume progress bar name/location so i can change them to pink. (I have no idea how to fix this)

5. Making this 4.2.1 Theme compatible with iOS 5.

Here is the latest Theme (almost done) and the iPad Boot logo; (location for the boot logo folder is Library/BootLogos Slider says "Hello Kiity" & the boot logo does not have my niece Name.)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9150537/Hello%20Kitty%20iPad%20Theme.zip

The theme is big (50m) because it's for the ipad and resolution on everything is higher, plus i have all the iphone resolution images also for the upscale iphone apps i still use. If you fix any of the problems while using it plz let me know how.

Again Tnx! for the Help!!! I'm almost done because of the help...

ShAdOwXPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Decided on the carrying case and ordered; (could not find any better)

TabletTeddyBear-1.jpg

Also ordered the Crayola pen; (pen sucks but it opens the app which is stellar IMHO)

ToCrayolaColorStudioHD2.jpg

She does not have a computer so this will be her first one, so i bought her the apple Bluetooth keyboard for school work and a pink silicone cover.

ToBluetothKeyboard.jpg

Tokeybordpinkcover.jpg

Only thing I'm still undecided is the stylus for painting. Jot still looks the best option so far; (ostylus works great also but is too long IMHO)

JotStylus.jpg

Now I did not go crazy spending $$$ on this here are the prices I paid compared to retail; (All New)

Otterbox Defender Series Case = Retail $89/Ebay $19.99

Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard = Retail $69/Ebay $29.99

Crayola COLORSTUDIO HD iMarker = Retail $29.99/Ebay $15.99

Hot Pink Handsfree 3.5mm Headset = Retail $30/Ebay $7.95

Pink Silicone cover protector for keyboard = Retail $15/Ebay $2.99

Tablet Teddy Bear Carrying case = $69.99 (not available any wear else)

ShAdOwXPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Well I'm stuck cant fix the final problems. Any Help?

What left to fix;

1. Wallpaper is 320 x 480 because the 1024 x 768 gets zoom in. (There is the ipad resolution wallpaper named "Wallpaper~ipad.png" if you get it to work plz let me know)

2. Wallpaper wont rotate with the ipad.

3. changing PlaceholderBanner.png for itunes app and App store.

4. Youtube app volume progress bar name/location so i can change them to pink. (I have no idea how to fix this)

5aga

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2003
Gig City
don't know how to make themes so I cant help but I wanted to chime in and say this is a very thoughtful gift.

I'm not a fan of Hello Kitty but thats a nice theme.

ShAdOwXPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
don't know how to make themes so I cant help but I wanted to chime in and say this is a very thoughtful gift.

I'm not a fan of Hello Kitty but thats a nice theme.

Tnx! I don't like Hello Kitty either LOL!

----------

What is the best way to encode video for ipad? I'm looking for a 300m-500m files. What Program/resolution/codec???

ShAdOwXPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Ok I downloaded this free video converter. I'm Looking for a 300-500m file on the native ipad ratio; Here is the screen from the program, what should be the options i choose? (MOV and H.264 i now but what else)

ipadvideoconversion.jpg

ShAdOwXPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Decided on using Handbreak for the video conversion, I just choose the file size (500m) and the ipad preset video looks good and i have the space i need.

ShAdOwXPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Question will the HP D110a printer work on ipad using MyWi for the wifi network? She wants to print from the ipad and does not have a network in her house (or internet...)

ShAdOwXPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Finished the iOS 4.2 theme, only thing i could not figure out is the volume progress fill on iPad video player.

Here is a video of the theme in action; (used Display Recorder on iPad and the video is slow)

http://youtu.be/UuYDSiETMrs

Need help to make the theme/bootlogo a .deb (plus adding the "Lust SBSettings Pink" already on cydia to the .deb)

-----Message for Cydia-------

Hello Kitty iPad Theme iOS 4.2

Rotating LockScreen Backgrounds,
Clock and calendar on LockScreen,
Live icons on LockScreen & iPad
Wallpaper, Pandora app/ipod app/etc..
Pink Skins. ENJOY!!!

**NOTE**
you need to buy from Cydia
"ColorKeyboard" for the pink keyboards
**NOTE**

Done by "ShAdOwXPR"

for "Dasairy Lyan"
--------------------------------------

Picture Captures;

https://picasaweb.google.com/115494461848613522089/DasairyLyanThemePics?authuser=0&feat=directlink

NEXT making this theme iOS 5 Compatible...

Last edited:

ShAdOwXPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Here is the final theme folders;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9150537/Hello%20Kitty%20iPad%20Theme%20iOS%204.2.zip

What i need to do is;

1. Make the theme folder in to a .deb that will also install "winterboard" from cydia.

2. Add to the theme .deb "Lust SBSettings Pink Theme" that will also install SBsettings from cydia.

3. Make the BootLogo folder a .deb that will also install "BootLogo" from cydia. (make this available separately but that will install with my theme)

4. How to upload the .deb to cydia.

(by the way 2 things i never could figure out; volume progress bar ipad native video players & music control on lock screen icon to close. If you find a way let me know and i will update the theme)

ShAdOwXPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Question with the right usb drive, can i access pdf/word documents/videos on a jaiborken ipad 1?

5_in_1_ipad_camera_connection_kit_2.jpg

http://www.maclife.com/article/feature/seven_hidden_features_ipad_camera_connection_kit

----------

Well i received a few items i order; wireless keyboard works great and the pink cover stick to it so it does not fall, Crayola iMaker works INCREDIBLE if you have kids this is a must. Waiting on the Teddy Bear Carrying Case and just order Jot Mini Stylus (went on sale today) I will let you know how both work.

ShAdOwXPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
No help on the .deb file Come on iOS 4.2 version is done, you guys do this all the time. Anyone can help? I'm clueless...

ThHeartlessHero

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2012
On the wallpaper thing, have you tried a 1024x1024 image? Since the iPad is rotating and switching between 1024x768 and 768x1024, a 1024x1024 image may be required to look the best and have no chance of zoom.

ShAdOwXPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Finished the .deb and uploaded to cydia (repo = ShAdOwXPR's Repository - MyRepoSpace.com) search for;

theme = "Hello Kitty iPad Theme iOS 4" (FREE)
BootLogo = "Pink Apple to Hello Kitty iPad BootLogo" (FREE)

I used this 2 videos to make the file;

folders;
Make a Cydia .deb File in Windows/PC - YouTube
[video=youtube;_VhkjntHxWI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VhkjntHxWI[/video]

.deb;
Creating a Cydia Deb, Made Easy - iDeb
[video=youtube;iI6mz3YTUcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI6mz3YTUcw[/video]

***iOS 5 version almost ready***

(Will make a New iPad 3 Theme (not for girls) but will not be free ($0.99), hope you will like it)]Make a Cydia .deb File in Windows/PC - YouTube[/url]

.deb;
Creating a Cydia Deb, Made Easy - iDeb

***iOS 5 version almost ready***

(Will make a New iPad 3 Theme (not for girls) but will not be free ($0.99), hope you will like it)

ShAdOwXPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
On the wallpaper thing, have you tried a 1024x1024 image? Since the iPad is rotating and switching between 1024x768 and 768x1024, a 1024x1024 image may be required to look the best and have no chance of zoom.

Yes i did, will zoom in to iphone scale...

Last edited:

ThHeartlessHero

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2012
Yes i did, will zoom in to iphone scale...

Really weird, never had an issue with wallpapers doing that. Are you replacing them at the file level or applying them through the iPad settings? If the former, maybe it needs an @2x tag or something to signify the higher resolution? If the latter, I just don't know. Congrats on finishing and publishing the theme though.

ShAdOwXPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Ipad 3 will be announce on Wednesday I'm expecting Retina/LTE/8m Camera/Quadcore. Here are the apps i choose for my niece iPad 1;

Educational;
photo4-1.jpg
photo5-1.jpg

Books;
photo1-3.jpg
photo2-3.jpg

Fun;
photo1-2.jpg

Coloring/Drawing;
photo2-2.jpg
photo3-2.jpg

Games;
photo3-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.