Getting pretty annoyed with my MBP....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xriderx11, Jun 4, 2012.

1. xriderx11 macrumors regular

Ok; so basically my $1,800 laptop is being a pain in the @ss lmao

I bought my 15" macbook pro last year (it will be a year in 5 days) and i had to bring in my laptop 2 times already -_-

The first time my right speaker was noticeably louder than the left so then they took it in and said there was something wrong with my logic board which was causing the right one to be louder (????) so than they gave the laptop back 5 days later and then there was the same problem (You would hear the bass and more power from the right). So than i went to itunes to check it out and my whole laptop froze and shut down on its own....

Then later that day my laptop froze AGAIN and gave me 3 beeps over and over again. Then i turned it off and turned it on again which got rid of it until again later that day.

I brought it to the apple store (I made an appoitment) and then the time came and it still said that they are helping someone. 5 minutes later i was up (i got the alert on my phone that the person is here to see me) then 5 seconds later after getting that it said "sorry appoitment closed, please make another one" And i was PISSED this apple guy made me look like an idiot saying how i should of made an appoitment and i DID and i told him that 5 times and hes like "that app doesn't count, its too glitchy" (!!!???!!)

Then i asked another employee (I think that other guy said that since i was only 16!) The employee checked the data and saw i made an appoitment then it was quickly closed so he got the person over to fix it.

He then opened my mac and saw that my ram was loose and he put it back in. I was really happy and relieved.

I brought it home and later that day it did it AGAIN!!!!!

____

Does them fixing the ram count it as a "fix" so if I get a 3rd fix they will replace my laptop? Im having a lot of problems with it (That speaker problem was always ignored by them until the 5th visit they ran a hardware test and found something wrong)

2. J.L.Photography macrumors 6502

sorry but i cant help myself, i must chuckle a bit...

3. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Contrary to popular belief, you don't automatically get a new computer if you bring yours in for repair three times. If you repeatedly have problems, Apple may choose to replace your computer at some point. But it's totally at their discretion. If the RAM is a problem (and it's the RAM that your computer came with) they may test it to see if it's faulty and replace it if it is. They're not going to replace your whole computer for faulty RAM. If the speaker problem is still happening, take it in again, have them fix it (they'll see you've had it in for the same problem before) and when you get it back, check it BEFORE you leave the store.

4. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Take it back in for a genius bar appointment, explain the past history and your current problems politely and reasonably as well as your concern that the warranty is running out soon and you're still having problems. As has been said above they don't really owe you a replacement, but they might offer it.

It might be smart to buy AppleCare at this point to extend your warranty. It will be much cheaper than having to have a logic board or something similar replaced out of warranty.

5. DrKockter macrumors member

well what do u want us to do? we cant open your computer on forums LOL

u got 5 days so take it back and CALMLY explain ur situation and they will help a you out

6. xriderx11 thread starter macrumors regular

I forgot to mention the problem happens randomly but not all of the time (it happens in sleep mode or when I'm on Facebook or doing video editing

7. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

LOL I was chuckling already when reading the OP, but burst out laughing when I saw your comment!

Especially comparing to my Mac horror story, yours doesn't sound like it warrants a new computer. However, it never hurts to ask and be polite. Just explain you have had so many problems and you just want a computer that works especially since you paid so much. If the Apple Store doesn't help, try calling Apple Care themselves.

8. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

How the **** did you get enough cash to get a new MBP at 15? Jeez.. Im saving up for 3 years for one!

9. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

So my question to you is this, do you know which side of your laptop that Apple has incorporated the "Woofer"? I honestly think one of your issues is simply the fact that there is a different speaker that produces lower frequencies than the other.

10. xriderx11 thread starter macrumors regular

Well I brought it back again because it was beeping at me again and it was ONLY comming out of the right speaker (It usually is both) and the screen was flashing again and it amused the apple store people LOL

They gave me a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a 2.53 i5 and they have me a 2.4 quad core i7 with 750GB and a radeon 6770 graphics card :DDDDD

Im so freaking happy that they gave me a new one :')

11. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

Easy, just work hard anytime you can. When I was y'alls age it was lawn work, computer repairs and working odd jobs. At 15 I got a job working on a golf course, at 16 I bought a new MBP, 18 got hired by apple and six months later bought a new Mustang GT. I'm 20 now, in college and intern for Nvidia, who pay a ton for a college intern. Just work work work buddy!

As for the Op, you're overreacting. You will NOT get a replacement after the 3rd visit. Thats rubbish.

12. bogatyr macrumors 65816

It appears he did get a replacement.

Though if my laptop was having a repeated issue that wasn't fixed several times in a row by the store, I'd expect one too if it was under warranty. Regardless of how small the issue.

There is a point when the parts and labor cost for them to fix the issue - a fix lasting short periods of time mind you - starts to outweigh the cost of a new laptop (Apple's cost).

13. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Grats on the new laptop. You'll run into both stupid people and helpful people at the Apple store. Two years ago I was purchasing a MBP and wanted to get the student discount as I was going back to college later that year. The guy helping me told me he couldn't do it. One of the other employees overheard me, literally pushed the other guy out of the way and with a big cheesy grin said "Let's get that set up for you!" I laughed. Good times.

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Sell drugs and thy body!

15. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

It took me 2 topcase replacements, three display replacements, one logic board replacement, one HDD replacement, one optical disc drive replacement, one magsafe board replacement, and one battery replacement until Apple replaced my MBP. This was over the course of two years and I had AppleCare. Those repairs happened over the course of me bringing it in to the Apple Store about 5 times.

16. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Well... Wow!
    Pretty much what I planned for my career is right there. Always wanted to get hired by apple :) So far, not much is happening...
    Nice jobs, buddy. But I did always prefer the look of a porsche over a GT...

17. FastEddiebags macrumors 6502

18. old-wiz macrumors G3

Kidneys and such are also a good thing to sell.

19. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

Haha. Age minimum at Apple is 18, so you're a few years off. And my GT is quite a bit cheaper than a Porsche, but keep saving buddy!

20. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Well, I'll make sure to keep checking up on them. But IDK where I want to go anyways. Thinking of majoring in EE and have a 4.0 GPA, so shouldnt be impossible. Nice to know someone that did it though!

21. xriderx11 thread starter macrumors regular

It came with another year of manufacturer warranty.

22. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

lol whats a 3rd fix and they replace it mean?

----------

did you confirm this? replacements usually continue with the original warranty

23. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I know that's true with iPhones, but in that case you're usually getting a refurbished one, not a new one. I'm not sure how it works with a MBP, but it's definitely something the OP should verify with Apple. Wouldn't want to think you have 12 months when in reality you only have one or two.

24. Xcallibur macrumors 6502a

Xcallibur

You say you got hired by Apple at 18 years old, do you mean Apple retail?

25. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

No, apple corporate as an engineer while in school. Since transferred schools for a masters and now over at Nvidia. Never worked Apple retail, doesn't really relate to working for Apple, mainly just working a retail job.