Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylos

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2002
MI
0s and 1s said:
Thanks a lot, Kyle! I appreciate the help!

I should point out that I'm not sure if my first method would work (would copying get rid of the invisible file distinction? or will it only create another invisible file?) since my hd is way to small to test that with. I would suggest the second because it should be more reliable.

evil

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2003
chicago ex-toronto
to get my music off of my ipod i use a program called ipodrip. it works quite well. sorry i dont have a link for where to get it because i forgot where i got it.

reorx

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2004
San Antonio
0s and 1s said:
Playing with my PB and I can't find XCode. The site says that it should come with the latest OS, but I can't seem to find it. Besides this, are there any other Java dev. programs you folks recommend? As of now, I'll mostly do simple Java apps. and applets. Thanks a lot! G'night....

Simple Java apps or not, you're going to want to use Eclipse (eclipse.org).

Congrats on the new pb!

0s and 1s

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2004
OK, USA
You're right...I finally d/l Eclipse and it's a huge improvement over XCode. I'm happy with it. Thanks!

reorx

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2004
San Antonio
0s and 1s said:
You're right...I finally d/l Eclipse and it's a huge improvement over XCode. I'm happy with it. Thanks!

No prob... Been developing in Java for a while, and its nice to have a decent tool. It reminds me of the cool Smalltalk IDEs that we used back in the early days of OO. A far cry from terminal-mode emacs. :D

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.