Getting rid of my 360!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MacsAreBetter\, Oct 4, 2011.

1. MacsAreBetter\ macrumors member

MacsAreBetter\

Hello fellow gamers!

I bought an Xbox 360: original, a while back for $50. I have had it for 2 weeks, played a few games here and there. I absolutely loved L.A. Noire and didn't get too attached to Halo. I'm usually a PC gamer.

Now I've got a much better deal from a friend to buy it. I'm all set-up and ready to go, but I'm having serious doubts. LA Noire is being ported to PC as we speak, so that will be fine. I'm not too hurt without having Halo around.

Is there any console exclusive games coming out soon, something that will make me regret selling the Xbox?

Thank you!
    - Mike

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

3. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

Do you like automobiles and driving them fast? Forza 4 is an xbox 360 exclusive and it launches next Tuesday in the U.S., but not sure about "the Down Under" though.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I can't think of any exclusives that interest me. But at my last expo the Forza 4 queue was pretty big.

Also if you sell it now and at least break even, chances are in the unforeseeable future when a game you do want is released an Xbox will be cheaper :).

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

There are plenty of exclusives on the 360 whether new or old, but it depends on what you like more than anything else.

For me I still play games like Viva Piñata 2 long after it's release. Of course then you start going into 'exclusive content' etc. But of course exclusive may only mean 'exclusive on console and exclude PC'.

The last 18 months I certainly haven't played my 360 anywhere near as much as my PS3 - and lets forget about the Wii [well most gamers long forgot it anyway], and if you have a really decent PC that can be hooked up to a TV at this stage in the generation of the consoles - your'e probably always going to get a better experience technically with the PC (until we finally get that new generation) so as much as fantastic console exclusive The Witcher 2 is coming out, it probably still won't be able to out do The Witcher 2 on PC which already works with your 360 controller anyway.

I may sell my 360 - I have thought about it - however given how little you actually get in trade these days - and with no PS Vita this year I may hold onto it.

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

My second Xbox 360 just died on me yesterday and I got the dreaded three lights. This one is about four and a half years old. My first one was a launch model that lasted about one and a half years. I'm contemplating wether to replace it or not. There are a few games I bought recently which I haven't played yet like Child Of Eden and Gears Of War 3. On the bright side the new Xbox 360 S slim model has a bigger hard drive, built in wireless, and is supposed to be quieter too. It's also less bulky. Assuming I can use the HD transfer cable to transfer all my data to the new one I think I might pick a new one up anyway.

7. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

Buy the slim, you won't be disappointed. It runs cooler too! You can use the data transfer cable to transfer your data.

8. Mr.C macrumors 601

Thanks for the advice. I actually put a deposit on a second hand 250GB slim model yesterday in my local independent game store. It's the shiny one and I would have preferred the new matt one but the price is a lot better. A new matt one would cost me £180. I got the shiny one second hand for £145 and I already had a £18 credit note with them. I can trade in the HD, control pad, and power supply from the old one for £10 each and also get a few quid for the composite cable and A/V adapter. That should bring the price down to about £90-95. The only thing is I have to buy the transfer cable for £12 online. I'll probably trade that in too.

The advantages of the new slim are it runs quieter, has a bigger HD, built in wireless and allows me to connect my Kinect without using a separate power supply. I would have preferred a matt one but for the cost savings I will make do with the shiny one. Hopefully I should get it all sorted out by the end of the week. I can transfer the data myself but I've asked them to do it for me.

:D