Getting Stellar battery life on iPhone 5 on iOS 7!

1080p

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Getting better life than I got on iOS 6.1.4 and I am actually playing with it a lot! Keep it up, Apple!

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
What's your overall impression of how stable it feels?

Lots of glitches or does it feel like you could use it daily as your main phone?

I'm debating whether to install now or wait until Beta 2 for a little more stability.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
any real info to back that up? on a fresh restore of 6.1.4 i can get the phone to stay at 100% for over an hour while using it. so i mean wheres the battery data to back this up.

Naor

macrumors regular
May 19, 2013
I feel the same on my iPhone 5! The battery life is INCREDIBLE. I'm 100% sure it lasts longer!
As for stability, I'd wait for beta 2 because the effects are so slow and annoying.
Edit: since my battery just won't end (32% and I'm using the phone for like 4 hours now) I can't post statistics yet. I will tomorrow though,

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
What's your overall impression of how stable it feels?

Lots of glitches or does it feel like you could use it daily as your main phone?

I'm debating whether to install now or wait until Beta 2 for a little more stability.
Pretty good so far. A couple glitches and bugs here and there but nothing too major...

jmac645

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2013
Syracuse, NY
battery life better on iphone 5?

Hi, I recently installed ios 7 beta 1 on my iphone 5 and it seems like my battery life is terrible. First I just updated it to ios 7 then after realizing the battery life was so bad, I proceeded to go into DFU mode and return to ios 6.1.4 then install ios 7 again (I think its a clean install, at least thats what I was trying for). The battery life still seems bad. What did you do??

Defender2010

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2010
England
I set up my iPhone 5 as new and turned off background app updates, auto app updates and turned on reduce motion. No heat, better battery than iOS 6. Been running since it was released. No battery issues whatsoever. All other settings on except bluetooth.

1080p

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Actually... I changed no settings at all. When I got iOS 7, I UPGRADED my existing iOS 6 installation (Option + "Check for Update" in iTunes).

WiFi is always turned on.
Bluetooth is off. (Don't really use it)
Auto brightness on.

Auto update apps on... never messed with those settings.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
Actually... I changed no settings at all. When I got iOS 7, I UPGRADED my existing iOS 6 installation (Option + "Check for Update" in iTunes).

WiFi is always turned on.
Bluetooth is off. (Don't really use it)
Auto brightness on.

Auto update apps on... never messed with those settings.
Same here with the settings but I did a wipe and installed from scratch. Getting 6-8 hours usage time just like I was with iOS 6. My phone feels faster than iOS 6. Almost hesitant to go to beta 2 when it comes out because beta 1 is running so well.

jk111

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2007
I did a clean install of ios 7 on my iPhone 5. Battery life is definitely much better than I saw on ios 6

BasicGreatGuy

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
For what its worth, I have Location Services, Background app refresh, and mail push off. I also have reduce motion on.

I have had cellular data on with my wifi, even though my cellular strength is weak in the house.

I have been listening to iTunes radio for almost 3 hrs straight, along with reading a few new emails and very light surfing.

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
Getting better life than I got on iOS 6.1.4 and I am actually playing with it a lot! Keep it up, Apple!
WTF are you doing??

Mine drops a percentage like every 4 minutes and I have the same settings as you do turned off. You must have amazing coverage by you. Because I'm pretty sure Sprint's towers are so bad by my place that the data connection itself is killing it.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
For what its worth, I have Location Services, Background app refresh, and mail push off. I also have reduce motion on.

I have had cellular data on with my wifi, even though my cellular strength is weak in the house.

I have been listening to iTunes radio for almost 3 hrs straight, along with reading a few new emails and very light surfing.

[url=http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g37/basicgreatguy/battery_zps8101c7c6.png]Image[/URL]
I am on par with that usage without turning off location services or push off. If I had to cripple my phone like that then I would go back to iOS 6.

BasicGreatGuy

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I am on par with that usage without turning off location services or push off. If I had to cripple my phone like that then I would go back to iOS 6.
If I leave Location Services on with the weak cellular signal I have with this beta, my battery would be drained in no time. I tried leaving it on last night after a fresh charge, and it was dropping 2% about every 5 - 10 minutes.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
If I leave Location Services on with the weak cellular signal I have with this beta, my battery would be drained in no time. I tried leaving it on last night after a fresh charge, and it was dropping 2% about every 5 - 10 minutes.
Fair enough. If I had to cripple my phone like that I would change carriers.