Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
I don't know how you're getting this great battery life. Since installing iOS 7 on my 4S I've had absolutely terrible battery life.

freedevil

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2007
And what are you smoking? I turned off background app refresh and the battery life is on par with iOS 6.

Wow, you turned off two whole apps (weather and stocks) and now the battery life rivals IOS 6. I am running IOS 7 too.

jaycarroll

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Denville, NJ
I had trouble with battery life after the initial install, but after a settings and network reset, I have no trouble at all. I might actually be getting better battery life than iOS 6. Either way, its not different enough that it's noticeable.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
What's your overall impression of how stable it feels?

Lots of glitches or does it feel like you could use it daily as your main phone?

I'm debating whether to install now or wait until Beta 2 for a little more stability.

Haven't encountered crashing / major glitches myself. No battery drain - of course, I've set up the device as a brand new one (no backup restoration).

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I have had awful battery life on my 4s since updating. I just heard that turning off automatic app updates helps battery life, and it helped mine tremendously.

iker42

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2010
I was going to make a post on this as well. My battery life on 6.1.2 Jailbroken was just horrendous. I would charge overnight, wake at 6-8am and phone would be at 20% by noon-1pm at the latest.

Since 7, I've been reaching nearly 8-9pm before I hit 20%, incredible news for a beta!

I had one time where the phone did the normal beta run hot and drain fast, but I did a few hard resets and charged and haven't had an issue since.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I was going to make a post on this as well. My battery life on 6.1.2 Jailbroken was just horrendous. I would charge overnight, wake at 6-8am and phone would be at 20% by noon-1pm at the latest.

I also had 6.1.2 with JB with several hacks (all purchased) like Call / Audio Recorder (my version without the warning). No excess battery usage.

That is, you've installed the wrong tweaks.

iker42

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2010
I also had 6.1.2 with JB with several hacks (all purchased) like Call / Audio Recorder (my version without the warning). No excess battery usage.

That is, you've installed the wrong tweaks.

I had quick reply and springtomize 2..... Doubt they drained the charge that much :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.