Getting the message ' The sim is not supported" on Factory Unlock Activation ???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ahsansaeed, Feb 3, 2011.

1. ahsansaeed macrumors newbie

My friend bought Iphone 4 from Apple store canada as factory unlock and pay the full price but during activation its giving me an error as The Sim is not supported contact your carrier..... " is this because the set is Locked or there may be chance that my micro sim is not trimmed properly ...??? Plz HELPP im worried paid so much amount and yet its not working....What should i Do ?????

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

What network are you trying to use the phone on? Some prepaid providers lock the sim card to the phone.

3. ahsansaeed thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using Mobilink Post paid sim which is activated and if i use that sim to other actovated Iphone 4 its working fine..But in mine its not working and giving me this error...Haven't check any other sim in my new iphone yet

4. darkside flow macrumors 6502

Some unlocked iPhones that were being sold by Apple in stores were not being registered properly so as they would be unlocked upon activation. It's likely that, if you continue to have problems, the phone will need to be taken back to the store in Canada to be exchanged for a properly unlocked version.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Most likely a badly trimmed SIM card. I had this problem when I went back home to Honduras.

6. ahsansaeed thread starter macrumors newbie

Can i return the phone after 60 days of purchase as the friend who brought this from canada is going back after a month and its already a month he had purchased it..as i believe that the Iphone has 1 year warranty...Plz correct me if i am wrong...And also please tell me if he had lost the reciept..is there any way he can still return it and get the new one...???

7. draz macrumors 6502a

Can you get a hold of another micro-sim card? Might want to try that before you return the iPhone. Maybe even take it to your local cell shop and see if they can help you out with activating it.
    You don't need the receipt for the Apple Store they know your phone's information based on the IMEI, Serial, and other numbers that the phone has. So don't worry if you lost the receipt.

8. ahsansaeed thread starter macrumors newbie

Help

Draz i will try another micro sim as well and post the result as well...I have talked to apple store personnel and he said that he want to have that Reciept no to check the proof of purchase and i insist that you can check all the details by entering the serial number in your system but i dont know why he want that receipt no also ...Also please tell me my friend who bought this from Canada is going back to canada at the end of March so what should i do ..should i send the phone with him or what ??? cuz at that time it will be 3 months since he purchased the product in jaunary..Please help me out its getting on my nerves...My friend have that reciept but that he forget in canada...HELP plz

9. darkside flow macrumors 6502

There will be no problem as long as he takes the receipt back to the store with him. He will have to show he paid full price for the phone.