Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
I'd personally hold off on buying anything until a good number of reviews post on the Apple Store...you will see Powerbeats2 had BAD reviews for the same reasons I posted. Let others test them out for you.

Here's the link I was talking about. Without the rubber stabilizing piece they look just like the apple headphones. Sweat resistance and cheap. I haven't used them personally but my co worker says they work great in the gym for him. I'm thinking about giving them a shot soon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0170CT9Z...pi_aiF1xbRRGKNRG#immersive-view_1473639688280

First Post G

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2011
NYC
Reactions: THE JUICEMAN

thedru13

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I am waiting on these. Contributed when it was still a Kickstarter. I have the beats solo 2 wireless. I don't like how they don't seal inside the ear.

https://www.getkanoa.com

Last edited:

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
The cheapie Anker and MPOW BT earbuds they sell on Amazon work just fine if you just want something for the gym. Probably not the sound quality of the more pricey one but for the gym does it really matter?
For anything not exercise releated I use the Bose noise cancelling ear buds and they are fantastic. I've owned Shures, Erymotics, etc and while they sounded nice had no noise cancelling and all broke in a relatively short amount of time. The Shure brand ones especially...craptacular quality.

Reactions: MathersMahmood

dwendz23

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2015
I just bought powerbeats 2 wireless and then the powerbeats3 were announced a few days after. I'm somewhat satisfied with the sound, but not completely. Should I keep them and get a price adjustment and get $30 back, return them and wait for powerbeats3 to be out, or return them and get another wireless pair. When it comes to ear buds, bass is most important to me because of the type of music I listen to. So someone let me know if you know of wireless ear buds with excellent bass and sound quality.

First Post G

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2011
NYC
I just bought powerbeats 2 wireless and then the powerbeats3 were announced a few days after. I'm somewhat satisfied with the sound, but not completely. Should I keep them and get a price adjustment and get $30 back, return them and wait for powerbeats3 to be out, or return them and get another wireless pair. When it comes to ear buds, bass is most important to me because of the type of music I listen to. So someone let me know if you know of wireless ear buds with excellent bass and sound quality.
I would recommend returning them. If you use them at the gym they will break.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
I like the Airpods but the design worries me a bit if they fall out my ear there isn't anything that will save the headphones from falling to the ground.
Somebody will probably come out with something like this and charge $40
515rhEIEQiL._SL1200_.jpg

First Post G

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2011
NYC
That's pretty much all I use them for, 5 days a week. Any suggestions for something better?
Unfortunately, I have been waiting for something better. Those were the only ones that fit my ears properly. Hoping that the Powerbeats 3 Wireless work better...but I'll probably try my luck with the AirPods when available. Until then, I have my stock iPhone earphones for workouts (which fit great and never come out) and Bose QC35 for everything else.

sdwaltz

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Indiana
I have 2 pairs of wireless beats - Powerbeats 2 and Beats Studio. Love them both, particularly the Studios.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
I don't think the Beats X actually has the W1 chip in it.

At least they are the only pair that don't mention the chip on their website, and I don't recall them mentioning them in the keynote.

First Post G

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2011
NYC

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
Beats are a piece of crap. If you're looking to go wireless then definitely try these ones out.

Plantronics BackBeat GO 2 Wireless Earbuds with Charge case - Black (Retail packaging) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FNABGKU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_MsG1xb5W00TJX
Yeah, I've been impressed with my pair of Plantronics. My ear canals don't take kindly to IEMs, so I use the Plantronics Backbeat Fit. They are perfect for the gym. https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-...r=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Plantronics+back+eat+fit

appygirl82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
Oregon
Hey I recently got them, I feel like the bass is really low? I find them uncomfortable and the black wing things keep coming out of my ear. Are the silicone earbuds better or the foam? Any tips? Also I'm finding that whenever I turn my head one of the earplugs come out.

I run with mine, I find on occasion the little wing may come out but not often. My cord I have just long enough to stretch around the back of my head (using the little clips)...I've never pulled the earbuds out. I use the silicone ones, I actually always forget about the foam ones. I may use the foam on my upcoming vacation for the flight since they are noise cancelling :)

dwendz23

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2015
Just compared my $30 Sony Extra Bass earphones with my $150 Powerbeats2 Wireless earphones and the Sony sounds much better and louder...Really want to switch to stick with something wireless if I return these Powerbeats though. Suggestions?

caelius

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2015
Innsbruck, Austria
Well... Beats are not insanely good sounding earphones (tried a couple of them) at all, especially for the price they sell, but at least they look good. And I guess the Beats X will be pretty great ergonomic-wise when it comes to using them for sports.

(And after all, I'm quite sure they're gonna sound better than the AirPods, so...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.