Gf dented my new macbook pro...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Undispu7ed, Sep 14, 2009.

?

Drop or not to drop?

1. Drop her ass like it's hot!

111 vote(s)
    88.8%
  2. You're overreacting and try to work things out...

14 vote(s)
    11.2%
  1. Undispu7ed macrumors newbie

So just 30 mins ago, my gf was snooping through my phone and found a text she didn't like. She threw my iPhone into my brand new MacBook pro and put a dent on it. I just stared at my MacBook, in disbelief and didn't even say a word to her. She left and didn't even say sorry. I posted up a facebook status about how angry I was and what happened, she commented on it and said she's definitely gonna key my car again..LOL wtf?

Prior to this: She's...

- Keyed up my car for hanging out with a girl. It wasn't hanging out, the girl was helping me pick out something for my gf's bfday and she still didn't care

- Took a glass cup and dented my pc monitor (the LCD part) because I didn't want to get off

Been with her for 5 years but I'm about ready to drop her ass! What would you guys do in this case?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I would definitely dump her if she treats you that badly. She has no regard for your property and for you it sounds like, she's not worth your time.

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

There needs to be applecare for women. Get a refurb. It my have a few scratches, but it will treat you nicely.

4. phineas macrumors regular

phineas

Dude

Love is blind, but in your case, either the sex is awesome or you really love her, but for her to show violence like she's done, I'd drop her NOW.

Keyed your car, I would have reported her to the Police and filed criminal charges against her.

Just drop her, or you could post her picture and email and myspace page here and we could all say hello, how about her cell number also.

:rolleyes:

ROFLMAO

Dump the broad, or what ever you call that whacko

5. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Leave her. She sounds crazy and if you marry her and stick with her forever then just wait until she hits middle age.

7. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

It sounds to me like you care more about your macbook than your relationship anyway, so why bother trying to work it out?

It also sounds like she is being a bitch, so i would get rid of her anyway. It sounds like neither of you really care about each other very much.

8. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

9. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Wow.
    Just because you didn't want to have sex? :confused:
    ;)

Anyway. She sounds like bad news.

10. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

yeah, she must have been one of those old 4GB iphone's that were discharge very quick, from the first generation iphone; time to get a new iphone 3G S or a used one..but not from EBAY or CRAIGSLIST!!.:D

11. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Dump her. I would have dumped her after keying my car and send her to jail........

12. nrivas macrumors member

What is she doing out of the kitchen anyways?

13. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Given your history with her, I would dump her.

15. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Sounds like a psycho.

Perhaps look into a restraining order.

Small claims for damages. Keep the messages in which she said she would damage your property, etc.

16. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Then again, I dont think the Apple store would take her in for a refurb, seeing as after I would be done with her, there would be lots of physical damage to the unit.

Im kidding, Domestic Abuse is not funny.

17. melissa23 macrumors member

First thing to do is talk to her! Tell her what you're telling us.

Does she know that those other incidents were unacceptable? Cos, really, they were- people in healthy relationships don't act like that!

I heard a quote once, which springs to mind- 'When someone shows you who they are, believe them.' I had an ex-boyfriend who hit me and told me I deserved it. I didn't, but that was all I knew as he was my first boyfriend. He wasn't sorry- that was who he was, and he showed me that in his actions.

Sidenote: I think after 5 years you should know her well enough be able to pick your gfs present on your own, but that's another matter.

Incidentally- what was in the text?

18. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Jeez so number 1 she keys your car, number 2 she throws your iPhone and number 3 she throws it at your macbook pro!!!! Id dump her and tell her its cause she gained weight lol :p

19. ethical macrumors 68000

She's clearly very selfish and doesn't care for your opinion or property! Drop her like a hot potato!

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Actually above all, this is sage advice and a good observation. You two obviously outgrew each other, you're both fairly immature, and you both need to move on.

21. Undispu7ed thread starter macrumors newbie

It was a year into dating when the girl who went shopping with me, along with ANOTHER guy. Oh and it was her good friend too.

The text: My friend and I were talking about women and different personalities. I told my friend that I was tired out by asian girls (my gf is asian)

22. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

By 'tired out' did you mean like "Hoooboy! She tired me out last night."
    or
    "Im sick and tired of Asians?"

23. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

HA

edit: hahahaha

24. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

The day a girl keys my car for something i didn't do is the day she gets deleted from my life. She sounds not only insecure but immature to boot.

25. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The day a girl keys your car for any reason is the day you need to delete her. Girls have no reason to be that crazy, nor do guys for that matter.