Gift a playlist?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Lynn.Colucci, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Lynn.Colucci macrumors newbie

Good afternoon. I am new to this site, but searching for some guidance on how to gift a playlist that I created in iTunes. Does anyone know how to do this, or if it can even be done?

Any help is much appreciated.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

If you give someone a gift you must buy it and then give it to them and you no longer have it. If you 'gift' a Playlist you are committing Copyright infringement since you are not paying for the 'gift'. You would be stealing the 'gift' to give. You can gift the music by giving an iTunes card equal the value of the music in the Playlist.

3. arn, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016

arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Seems presumptuous. Sounds like they want to gift the songs as a playlist. You can gift apps, and albums already.

I'm not sure it can be done but see why you'd want to do to.

Edit: seems it was possible at one point but not at my Mac so can't verify this still works. http://www.macinstruct.com/node/409

arn

4. Tech198 macrumors G4

if its copyright infringement, then spotify is also in trouble, because they also do it.. share/gift (basically u still give someone else access) Nothing wrong with this, but it's probably just an Apple thing.