Girlfriend broke up with me over SMS

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dontwalkhand, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontwalkhand, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011

dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I have noticed my now ex-girlfriend a couple days ago, over the weekend was acting sort of funny. She would hesitate to say I love you back to me, and never really texted me back when I texted her. She was perfectly fine over Thanksgiving, however.

Then come Monday Morning, I text her, "Good Morning Love <3"
    After one hour of no response, I texted her again, "You there?"
    She then states "I was freezing all night. I guess. That's what I get for sleeping in a tank top and undies, lol"
    Then I stated "Do you still have my jacket on? :)"
    She states "No my sister needed a jacket, so I let her wear it cuz its smaller than my other ones"
    I stated "I need to get you a bigger jacket!"
    She states, "no it fits me. But its small enough for my sister. My other jackets are too big for her"
    I then state "What are you doing right now? :)"

.... Pause....

*Tritone sound* I eagerly check my phone to find:

"This is her brother*. Sher says its not going to work. She still has to strong feelings for her ex and cant do this right now"

*Her brother meaning one of her friends, she considers him a brother.
    (I have kept all of the spelling errors intact.)

We have been going out for a while, and then I get this. I feel really ANGRY right now, and really don't know what to do. There is more, but I am not going to expose everything here, unless you guys really want me to. (Hell, she breaking up with me using a text message, is far worse than me posting up our conversation on MacRumors).

I am 21 years old, and she is 18, which explains why she still sounds like a little kid in her text messages, while my responses all have proper capitalization, and for the most part, grammar.

The problem I have with this is this, she knows that I have had a troubled childhood, and didn't have the best life growing up. It wasn't until I was out on my own that things started improving, and that I have started making money to survive. Neither did she, she in fact, had been abused etc before. I truly did care for her. Nevertheless, I was always positive around her, and was always there for her when she did need somebody. I never abandoned her for any reason, and I would say I was a pretty good boyfriend (not to sound pompous or anything).

She never once did use me for money (so that is not the reason), nor did I felt used, or taken advantage of. This was actually out of the blue totally random,but a big bitch move on her part for doing this. I don't know, and her family did add me to my Facebook this very morning as well.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Dude- move on. Let her go and find someone better. She obviously is immature and you deserve better.

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I would call her a coward but I would suggest you try to get her to confirm it.

The way she broke up with you is really pathetic and cowardly. She could of at least had the respect to send you a text her self. Personally I think it breaking up should be done in person and if that is not possible over the phone.

And I agree with Lee. If she really did break up with you like that she is not worth your time and you deserve better. Cowards like that do not deserve much respect.

4. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I agree with Lee. I know this is going to be really hard to hear, but never date an 18 year old again. I know they say girls mature faster than guys, but it's a total myth. You're much more mature than her. I'm your age and won't date an 18 year old. Besides, what if you want to go out to a bar or club? You need someone at your maturity level. I mean come on, breaking up over text? That is just so middle school. Rodimus is right, coward is the best way to describe her. She's clearly not ready for a big girl relationship.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Hell, I won't even date a 21 year old. They are still immature for me, all excited about being able to go to bars and the like. Maybe since I'm like 27.

Move on man. There are so many girls out there

On a side note, I try to avoid all texting while dating. Too easy to read into them. You have a phone, use it to call, not text

6. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

It's incredibly insensitive and immature to not only break up with someone via text message, but also to have someone else do it. I'd probably call her to confirm, but I echo what the other posters said, move on.

You don't want to date someone who holds your feelings in such little regard. You're young, there will be plenty of other relationships in your future.

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Move along... playing waiting games does not help and is not right for you or her.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

She didn't even have the ovaries to SMS you herself?? What a *****.

Consider yourself lucky to not date her anymore. It sucks, and but better now than later.

Having said that, you sound a bit desperate in those texts. She's not worth the effort.

9. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I believe that was because I was in shock, and it was the broken heart talking. Two days later, here I am trying to just get help from others, who better than from people with the same hobbies as mine, people who love :apple: stuff.

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Man the **** up and get some balls. Go out there and bang the **** out of her friends.

11. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I feel like I'm reading a script from a crappy High School drama. Grow up and move on. Date someone older. They're more mature, and are awesome in bed, and it's hard to keep up with them...trust me.

12. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Post her pics up so we can determine if she was worth it or what you possibly could have seen in her.

13. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Yeah reading threw it your text it is over. She is a coward and not worth your time.

I am with you on that. I find that there is a lot of growing up that happens in those few short years.

It not so much maturity in age but I think it is more life experiences that happens.
    Take for example the difference between a college freshman and a college sophomore. it is night and day. The difference between a college sophomore and a senior not so much. That first year really ages a person. I remember joking with some friends (male and female) and laughing how we could pick out freshman from a good distance away. They just look different and they behaved very different.

In the OP case he is what in his 3nd or 4rd year of college and his GF is either in HS or a freshman in college. That is a huge difference in points in ones life. She is still in HS mind set and he is in the college mind set.

14. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

What I saw originally:

A person with a wonderful personality, fun to be around, caring (at the time), and beautiful (my opinion).

What I see now:

A jerk who breaks up with someone over text message, and immature.

15. d4rkc4sm macrumors 6502

d4rkc4sm

imho, your girlfriend is testing you... to see if you are a real man.

dontwalkhand, in your text you sound like a COMPLETE and UTTER wussbag! seriously, you have just given up all your power in the relationship, and no girl will want to be with you.

my advice, be a man, ie man up and stop acting like such a wuss. it's best you step away from her, ignore her calls, text, emails, etc completely even if it's very hard for you to do at the moment. have her COME BACK to you. if you keep pursuing her and begging for her back, you will lose her forever. in the meantime, hit the gym, eye out other girls, do whatever. she will eventually come crawling back, trust me. :)

16. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Trust me, after that "Thank you"...that was completely IT. I haven't spoken to her since.

17. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

WTF, breaking up over SMS?? And she's not even beautiful...

18. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I sadly have seen worse.

One friend her boyfriend sent her a txt and told her to read an Email.
    She did not have internet access at the time and called me and ask me to read it to her. He broke up with her over an email that I read to her over the phone. I went to bed at after 4AM that night but I say that it tops what she did to the OP.

19. acidfast7 macrumors 65816

acidfast7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.