Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarcMller

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I'm so sick of logging into this forum to see not only the same post multiple times but the amount of people complaining about issues on here is outstanding. If you don't like your iPhone then just save us the hassle of reading you complain about it and just go return it. I've never had complaints with Apple, they fix/replace any issue i have. If youre not happy with it, something wrong, think it sucks.....TAKE IT BACK.

This isn't a forum to come in and just bash on Apple and complain about stuff... This is MACrumors... its an Apple based site.. if you don't like apple then why are you on here? If you like android or Samsung again... why are you here?

I come on here to read and learn... not read a bunch of just complaining and bitching with no thoughts of ways to fix them.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I think the OP is not understanding the context of tech in general. As much as we all praise Apple products for their ingenuity and excellent hardware standards, they don’t come out without flaws. Discussing the nature of things that go wrong with iPhones at least allows others to [see and share] what problems they are experiencing and how frequent it is. Tech forums can be insightful and helpful, but you have to be willing accept the complaints and criticisms with annual Product releases as well.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
With every new release there will be some things that aren’t working like they should and we generally try to figure out what can be solved with a simple software fix and what is a hardware problem that necessitates a return.

The tone sometimes can seem petulant or desperate because there’s always that sense that time is short to figure these things out before the return period is up. Nobody wants to be stuck with a lemon (I have—IPhone 6 Plus) and especially now that being stuck can mean being out over $1000 with possibly no chance to upgrade for two years for some people.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
This website started years ago, long before there were any iPhones. It was Mac only cuz that's all there was. This was even before the iPod. That's why it was called "macrumors".

Well Apple has radically changed in the last 20 years and the iPhone is the popular toy right now. Macs aren't all that important to them anymore and don't get the buzz of the iPhone.

But this website never changed its name. To be accurate, it really should be called "Applerumors.com" or iPhonerumors.com" but it's not. It's still the same old name.

As much as members whining about Apple products or services on this website -may- seem futile- this website is a voice of the people. If something truly is out of whack (like the iPhone XS antenna problem) a thread will be created and balloon to countless pages as everyone chimes in with their similar experiences.
The word gets out if enough people are experiencing the same frustration.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
Guys, hear me out.

What OP really wants is to divide the iPhone forums into two: iPhone appreciation forum and iPhone complaints forum.

If you're OP, you can take the blue pill and stay all day singing the praises of Jony Ive's deep, unapologetically aluminium voiceovers in a walled garden.

If you're not, you can bitch all day long on how you hate this ****ing ****** iPhone thing. Then say Steve Jobs would never have allowed this **** to happen. Then say you're going to Android. Then buy the latest iPhone when it comes out and start over.

It's the best of both worlds really.

Last edited:

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
I think what the OP means is that its one thing to come on and complain about this or that. But the posters who just come into a thread to bash apple are different. Someone posts does "this watch and this band look good together" and they automatically post "no, all apple watches are rubbish, buy a real watch".That kind of thing.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I think what the OP means is that its one thing to come on and complain about this or that. But the posters who just come into a thread to bash apple are different. Someone posts does "this watch and this band look good together" and they automatically post "no, all apple watches are rubbish, buy a real watch".That kind of thing.
That kind of seems more or less along the lines of what discussed at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/trolling-by-non-apple-users.2128101/

Hanson Eigilson

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2016
The urge to control narratives is so unhealthy, and that goes for both the blind bashers and the blind fans. I agree that there are some people that look for any excuse to bash apple, and that much of it has little value, but I also see no shortage of blind fans that cannot find any fault, at all, ever and look to censor, shame or deafen people that have actual day to day problems with products from Apple, I work in such an environment and for me macrumors is a breath of fresh air after a long day slaving for the man.

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
I'm so sick of logging into this forum to see not only the same post multiple times but the amount of people complaining about issues on here is outstanding. If you don't like your iPhone then just save us the hassle of reading you complain about it and just go return it. I've never had complaints with Apple, they fix/replace any issue i have. If youre not happy with it, something wrong, think it sucks.....TAKE IT BACK.

This isn't a forum to come in and just bash on Apple and complain about stuff... This is MACrumors... its an Apple based site.. if you don't like apple then why are you on here? If you like android or Samsung again... why are you here?

I come on here to read and learn... not read a bunch of just complaining and bitching with no thoughts of ways to fix them.

I like Android and have an Android phone but I also own a Mac and an iPad, iPhone doesn't define Apple nor is it the only reason to be here.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe

i quess you should ask them (macrumors) to remove troubleshooting forums..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.