Gizmodo whines about the new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jackc, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Do they have any credibility left? Who cares.

2. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I agree, their credibility is pretty much gone.

3. mrt209 macrumors 6502

That's what happens when you begin to believe in rumors and have false expectations. Blogs like gizmodo make up rumors to get traffic and ultimately make money from advertising.

4. gcortes macrumors member

And here we're hanging out on a site called MacRumors :D

5. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Ironic huh? :p

6. mrt209 macrumors 6502

Ha true, I'm just here for the forum, don't read the news :)

7. SuperRob macrumors regular

Gizmodo's entire attitude towards Apple changed after they got blacklisted for the iPhone 4 debacle. I just chalk it up to sour grapes.

8. iphoneipad macrumors member

may be the all the positive reviews have built up my expectation towards the new ipad, to be honest, i didn't 'wow' at all after using it for 10-20mins. It didn't give me the 'wow' factor compared to first gen Ipad.

Having said that, I think apple has set the standard very high with previous ipads. It will always be difficult to make it more magical

9. yegon macrumors 68020

Posted this in another thread, doesn't apply exactly to Giz as they ultimately make money from the rumour mill, but it certainly applies to people who think its not much of an update.

Can someone give some examples of massive feature bumps in a year on year upgrade cycle on any consumer product? Seems to me the people who are most disatisfied are either those who upgrade every year, so won't see a massive shift practically ever, or those who naively get sucked into the rumour mill and believe all the clearly preposterous hype that know nothing "analysts" speak. I'd suggest these people, instead of believing such things, look at history and think rationally what we're going to get in a new product.

10. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

They do make one good point, where does Apple go from here with the ipad?
    It's already so good, creating a "wow" factor is going to be very difficult.

11. mac jones macrumors 68040

Don't go there any longer. I got banned for making a joke about Jesus Diaz (a talented writer) When he said he had a 'Browner" for Ives.

What a dope eh? "Browner"? It's "Broner" :D

So, I didn't know he misspelled, so I said " What do you expect from a 14 year old" , or something like that, and i'm banner for life.

What a putz.

And right after that there was the iPhone fiasco.

I liked the site a lot. It's a shame. Now they have an axe to grind and can't be trusted.

12. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

It's to be expected. They're still butthurt over the iPhone 4 scandal.

13. darwinian macrumors 6502a

darwinian

14. SuperRob macrumors regular

I think the issue is that as journalists (and I'm using that term VERY loosely), they get access to information before anyone. Even stuff that doesn't get published. On top of that, the rumor mill on Apple news, which used to be notoriously bad, has gotten much better. So they're getting much more real information than before, mixed with pie-in-the-sky rumors, and when the actual announcements are made, it's already a case of been-there, done-that.

Look at the iPad 3. Every feature that was announced was accurately reported before hand (sometimes MONTHS before hand), except for the name. It was old hat even before it got into their hands. Of course you'd be jaded.

The media has had this attitude with Apple in the last couple of years ... if it's not a massive departure from what's already out there, it's a failure. Yes, in YOUR eyes, because it's your job to break the news, and incremental changes aren't sexy. Yet every Apple product sells better than the last. The marketplace sees the true value that the media doesn't. This gap is ever-widening. Until Apple stuns everyone with a brand-new product that no one was expecting, the media will not be impressed. The only way to impress the media is to break your own news, basically keeping the media from doing their jobs, and that's tricky.

15. Mechinyun macrumors 6502

Just read it.. to be honest.. its a whole lotta truth there.

16. mac jones macrumors 68040

17. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

The irony :rolleyes:

18. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

What scandal? :eek:

19. mac jones macrumors 68040

perhaps

20. SuperRob macrumors regular

The one that nearly got them prosecuted for theft by Apple. Where they took possession (read: bought) a stolen iPhone 4 before launch.

21. TC25 macrumors 68020

They should do it honestly by allowing multiple discussion threads on the same topic. :)

22. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Gizmodo is like the supermarket checkout mags of tech blogs.

23. mac jones macrumors 68040

I think he was joking, hence the shocked emoticon.

24. mszpara macrumors regular

If you look at the comments, the original poster is going through and suspending people that are talking badly about them.

I "love" Gizmodo... :rolleyes: