Gizmodo's latest apple story

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fernandez21, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

2. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

Apple should not be fully trusted as well, as with any corporation. What's your point?

Oh you're somehow "mad" because they blew the lid off the iPhone 4 before Apple wanted to show it off? Somehow this affects your life or somehow affected the sales of the iPhone 4. Get off your high horse and take off your goggles.

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Translation:

Gizmodo didn't get invited to the special press release, so now they are kissing Apples ass for a last minute invite?

:D

4. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

5. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

+1 :apple:
    Gizmodo is a disgrace

6. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Wow. 78% of 8,800 people are happy with their iPhone 4s. Seems like a lot less based on these boards. :D

7. galenmd macrumors regular

A 22% dissatisfaction rate is enormous. This is not a political poll.

8. skiltrip macrumors 68030

The happy people are off skipping thru daisy fields streaming pandora and calling their friends all around the world. They don't have time for MacRumors.

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

It's also Gizmodo.

10. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

:)

11. fishmoose macrumors 68000

What is it about? I don't want to give Gizmodo hits.

12. Fernandez21 thread starter macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Riiiiiight. Uh, did you read the article? It's about how the writer is happy with his iPhone. My initial post was sarcasm, since whenever they post a negative story they're imidiately discredited.

13. agtwashington macrumors newbie

+1
    Gizmodo is a desgrace to journalism. I am not mad at Gizmodo for doing checkbook journalism, I think it was a really gutsy thing they did for blowing the lid off of the iPhone4 story. However, the reason that I removed them from my RSS reader and and have refused to give their site my hits is what they did about blowing the story about the guy who lost it. They BS excuse that "we were protecting him by putting his name out there" is what makes me mad. They just posted that because they wanted to pull a sensationalist mass media story in a space where that type of article doesn't belong.

14. Fernandez21 thread starter macrumors 601

Fernandez21

It's about how the author is happy with his iPhone 4, and there is a poll at the end asking if you're happy with yours.

15. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Actually considering that lot of the people "happy" and no having issues will not come to the forums or Gizmode, that's a very low number

16. mtwilford macrumors member

and Apple is not:confused:

17. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I'm still trying to figure out what people's newfound problems with Gizmodo are. Sometimes I think it's because the truly devoted "fanboys" side with whatever Steve Jobs tells them, and because Gizmodo leaked the iPhone 4 and got on Steve's bad side, they also have taken up the anti-Gizmodo crusade. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

I've also seen plenty of people post that Gizmodo has no credibility, but I can't remember a single piece of news they broke during the iPhone leak that wasn't backed up with photo evidence. And everyone who claimed that it was false or a hoax was clearly proven wrong. The way they got the phone and revealed it may have been a bit shady, but that doesn't make the story less credible.

18. fishmoose macrumors 68000

They posted the name and picture of the employee who's phone was lost/stolen. Thus, I will never visit that site again.

19. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I can understand and respect that. That was truly foul of them to leak his name. Even worse because he went to my alma mater. :)

20. deeddawg macrumors 604

Exactly; with political polls they at least try to make an appearance of polling a statistically valid sample of the overall population. A poll on a tech blog website simply cannot produce meaningful results.

What do people happy with a product do? They're out in the real world using and enjoying it.
    What do people unhappy with a product do? They go find an internet forum to complain on.

Yes, 22% is a large portion of respondents. But anyone with even a passing familiarity with statistical sampling knows the Gizmodo poll is meaningless.

21. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

22. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Prison soon enough.

23. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Posting a thread titled "Gizmodo's latest Apple story" is sure to be outdated title before you get 2 replies.:D

24. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I still don't understand all of the hate towards Gizmodo. They are my favorite tech blog. They made the guy famous and saved his job while still leaking the iPhone. I bet that if they didn't publish his name and none of us knew whose phone it was, he would have lost his job. People have been fired from apple before for less.

25. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

While Apple should have done a better job handling the lost iPhone issue (let it go). Gizmodo broke the law and journalism ethics.