Glasses or Contacts?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thebassoonist, Aug 21, 2008.

?

Glasses or Contacts?

1. Glasses

41 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. Contact Lenses

37 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Both

33 vote(s)
    26.4%
  4. Neither - but I should wear some

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Neither - I have perfect vision

11 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

Just for fun. Do you wear glasses or contacts? Should you wear them? Or do you have perfect eyesight?

I wear glasses and have absolutely horrible vision. My lenses are so thick that I always buy plastic frames to hide them. :)

I don't like touching my eyes and I hate eye drops, so I've never tried nor will I ever try contacts.

2. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

I wear glasses, with out them i can't see anything. Can't even watch the tele. I am not a fan of contacts, one of my friends wore them and he ended up scratching his eyes badly. I am not a fan of putting in eye drops or anything in my eyes

3. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Glasses cause it hides my ptosis and strabismus. :cool:

4. thebassoonist thread starter macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

Ouch! That doesn't sound good.

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I use contacts. I have glasses, from 3 prescriptions ago, but they are only for emergencies.

TEG

6. iGary Guest

iGary

I can't put them in my eyes, so glasses it is.

7. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Yep, I wear a set of Oakleys that I should I wear more.

[​IMG]

Edit: I want contacts...

8. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I'm EXTREMELY near-sighted, and can't see past a few inches in front of my face without correction.

I see better with my glasses, but I wear contacts usually. Right now, because my glasses give me headaches (sinus and allergy issues), I wear contacts 24/7. I wear a pair until they become uncomfortable (even sleeping in them), and the switch them out for another pair. Not the healthiest, but that's what I've been doing all summer. :eek:

9. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I'm fairly near-sighted, so I'd need something. I wear contacts; they're fairly comfortable on me, and they improve my peripheral vision over glasses, so win-win.

10. 11800506 macrumors 65816

I'm near-sighted, not that bad, but bad enough that I'd have some trouble without correction. For the first year I wore glasses but then, when I got my prescription updated a year later I switched to contacts. I've worn them ever since (this was a few years ago) and find them often unnoticeable in my eye and only rarely do they feel uncomfortable. That only happens when I get a hole in them or they tear so I'm quite happy with them.

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Glasses, definitely. Lucky for me, they take attention away from the rest of my face. --> :cool:

12. sanPietro98 macrumors 6502a

sanPietro98

My astigmatism is so bad that I see better with rigid gas permeable contacts than glasses. Soft contacts are horrible for me though (vision wise).

13. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I switched from wearing glasses for 20+ years to contacts in order to look "younger". It does the trick, until I have to put on my reading glasses in order to see anything within a foot of my face.

14. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

My mom is the same way

For me i mostly were glasses, cause i am to lazy to put contacts in. Usually the only time contacts come out is for sports.

15. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I hated my glasses, so I switched to contacts about one year ago, and I'm never looking back. :cool:

16. letsgorangers macrumors 6502

Glasses. Just got a new pair with transition lenses. Loving them so far. I remove my glasses only to sleep and shower -- can't see without them!

I rub my eyes (I know, I know, it's bad) far too much to wear contacts. I'd end up tearing a lens or scratching my eye.

17. cristo macrumors regular

I wear both, but mainly contacts when I'm going out of the house.

I was like that: I couldn't put eye drops in before my contacts, and wouldn't dream of touching my eyeball. Still, it's something you get used to; I was fine after about a week. You should try contacts.. most opticians do free trials so you've nothing to lose. They're fantastic in most situations.

18. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

I been wanting to get those color contacts for perfect vision...

19. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Glasses, only because I can't manage to put contacts in my eyes. :(

20. thebassoonist thread starter macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

Hmmm... maybe I should give it a try. Did it freak you out at first?

21. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I started to wear contacts between 7th and 8th grade, and let me say that the first several attempts were not fun. It is difficult at first, mostly because you can't really anticipate how the contact will feel on your eye as you try to place it correctly. However, once you get the hang of it, you will find yourself much more at ease.

The trick is to force your eye lids to remain open with your fingers. The natural response to blink is what makes the first several attempts so hard. If you can master keeping your eyes open while they are being touched, you'll have yourself a much easier time. Also be sure to look at your hand/finger as it moves towards your eye. You want to be as precise as possible, so that you have to adjust the contact less once it is on your eye (which with a little practice, you won't even have to worry about because you'll get them in correctly right away).

22. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Glasses.

I've been wearing them since I was about 6 years old, and I will never switch to contacts or get lasik. I love glasses, and I love the way they look on me.

I also have this weird eye phobia thing that would rule out contacts even if I wanted them. I can't look at eyes for long periods of time, touch my own eyes, or watch other people touch their own eyes.

23. thebassoonist thread starter macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

Agh... the idea just freaks me out. To it5five: I think I may have the same thing.

24. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Contacts. Started wearing them about 6 months ago and have never looked back :D I alternate with coloured ones so at times I have blue eyes instead of brown :D

25. yoppie macrumors 6502a

Glasses. I tried wearing contacts and it was terrible.