GM gmail push?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by GoSh4rks, Sep 12, 2013.

1. GoSh4rks macrumors 6502

Anybody else not receiving notifications on a gmail exchange account? Was fine on iOS6.

2. HarryT macrumors 6502

HarryT

Since beta 6 it's been working for me again. Up until that point Gmail would not push.

Gmail officially discontinued it earlier this year so I was surprised to see it working again in beta 6 (and it's still working in the GM for me).

Did you use m.google.com as the server?

3. GoSh4rks thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, m.google.com. I didn't touch any of the settings during the entire upgrade process.

4. gixxersixxer macrumors member

Wait, gmail push works again in 6 and GM??? Even though it was discontinued??

5. shandyman Suspended

Mines been fine

6. GoSh4rks thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm. Did some experimenting. I have 3 exchange/gmail accounts. 2 of the are displaying push notifications. 1 isn't. Naturally the one that isn't is the main account I use.

7. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

My iPad3 is still fine as always through betas.
    My iPhone had to warrant in May, no exchange sync as expected.

All as expected here.

8. catean macrumors regular

9. pokenguyen macrumors member

pokenguyen

That's not true, I have 3 Gmail Exchange accounts since iOS 6 and all of them have push working on iOS 7 GM.

10. catean macrumors regular

You are paying for them ? I don`t know how this will stop working on individual cases but what I know is google is not offering push to new user and new gmail configurations. I`ve reconfigured my wife`s google account on her iPhone 5 and push is not available anymore...only fetch.

11. GoSh4rks thread starter macrumors 6502

This isn't very helpful to me. See http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=17881281&postcount=6

I've tried disabling and re-enabling push and the entire offending email account. No joy.

12. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Correct, there is a JB tweak for iOS 6 which has a workaround, hopefully a JB will be available soon with the tweak ported to iOS7

13. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Dont think updating iOS kills it. I think the only time you will lose an existing setup now is if you have a new phone for whatever reason or, i think, reconfigure your phone as a new device. Just updating iOS wont kill it.

I've been using it for ages right through updating to various betas then the GM of iOS7 and push is still working for me.

14. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

That isn't correct. Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync uses the device's serial number to uniquely identify everything that connects to it. The serial number would not change after an upgrade or restore.

15. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

We'll have a flood of people with this problem after the 18th when they start upgrading their 4s/5 bought prior to january...

16. rez07 macrumors member

I´ve just added my personal gmail account and my work google apps account as exchange acounts, and push is working. Was not working before when i added them like gmail...also, i had them as exchange on iOS6, and still have on my iPad3, and push was/is working

17. shandyman Suspended

Google are just being dicks, trying to force people to their own app.

18. MyopicPaideia macrumors 68000

MyopicPaideia

As I understand it, your existing accounts were grandfathered in. I have all my gmail (private and google apps for business) accounts set up as exchange accounts in iOS mail and all work flawlessly.

I may be wrong though...

19. GoSh4rks thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm. Back to not working on any of my 3 accounts.

20. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

Or IMAP.

They don't want to continue shelling out to Microsoft for Activesync licensing.

21. GoSh4rks thread starter macrumors 6502

iCloud doesn't seem to be pushing for me either. This is weird.

22. rez07 macrumors member

I want to just add that while email and calendar seem to push fine by exchange set up, Contacts simply don´t work! So i had to add both accounts has gmail just to get the contacts on the phone (no push of course)

23. pokenguyen macrumors member

pokenguyen

No, I have free accounts. I set up Exchange early this year, than update to iOS7 recently and everything is still there.

24. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

If you update on the same device it's ok, setting up as new you'll loose push

25. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I set up on same device and restored backup from icloud today when I went from 5 to 5s....had push this morning lost it this afternoon.