GM2 Wishes... found any MAJOR bugs?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by nathanl1192, Jul 14, 2011.

1. nathanl1192 macrumors member

It is very possible, but not definite, that Apple will release a second GM (GM2) to fix many bugs in the current version.

Is there anything you want changed, which you think could be done last minute, or any bugs worth noting?

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I don't think there are any show stopping bugs that will make Apple issue another GM. Any outstanding bugs will be fixed in 10.7.1

3. nathanl1192 thread starter macrumors member

There is the major mission control bug... look for the thread on this forum.

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

You said MAJOR bug. Bugs will always be there. In my opinion Apple will not release a GM2, but will address bugs in 10.7.1.

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

The greyed-out audio bug and no auto wifi connect are pretty annoying. Not sure if they qualify as "major" bugs, though.

6. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

It all comes down to how many people does this affect. Apple felt confident enough to declare the GM build. Odds are the rest will be fixed in future releases.

7. WiBu macrumors member

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a 0-day 10.7.0.1 release.

8. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Andybody experiencing anything with resume? From apple insider:

9. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

No problems other than a slight delay if "old" documents need to be loaded. If you turn off in system preferences or use option-command-q there is not a problem.

10. hitekalex macrumors 68000

hitekalex

There will be no such thing. Either Apple will release the existing GM as final 10.7.0, or there will be another developers-only GM2 update.

Apple will never release a non-developer-tested MacOS to general public.

11. Thunderbird macrumors 6502a

Thunderbird

I found a bunch of bugs on Lion (mostly flies)

[​IMG]

12. Atarikid macrumors regular

lol

13. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Yeah, but the thread title says MAJOR bugs. Bugs will always be there. ;)

14. stewacide, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

stewacide macrumors regular

The most annoying bugs I've encountered are (1) wifi flakiness and (2) QuicktimeX's failing to launch on the first try: if I double click, say, an .avi in finder QuicktimeX will bouncy once and fail to launch, if I try to launch the same file again QuicktimeX will launch... I believe this is a problem with resume functionality but might have something to do with the Quicktime7 bridge.

15. Luman macrumors newbie

This count?

[​IMG]

16. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

+1 for creativity, -1 for the photoshop job

17. Tozzi macrumors regular

Well, like I said in another thread, the current build of Lion makes my mid-2011 MBP crash all the time.
    I would consider this a major bug.
    Perhaps it's some software I've installed that's messing things up, but either way, complete lockups and freezes are something that should never happen, let alone on a brand new machine.

I can rule out the hardware as a cause, since everything works flawlessly under SL.

18. Jerome Morrow macrumors 6502a

Jerome Morrow

Never say never. They don't need to release it for developers to fix damn iChat history bug.

If the fix is not a major change they can release fixed version with the same build.

19. JangoFett124 macrumors regular

Have you filed bug reports with Apple for the crashes?

20. Tozzi macrumors regular

Of course! So far, they didn't get back to me about it, though.

21. unkn0wnsoldier macrumors regular

unkn0wnsoldier

If you're streaming audio from iTunes to AirPlay and get a FaceTime call, the computer speakers make some crazy high-pitched pulsing sound. Only a. Reboot fixes it. This is with using iTunes 10.5 beta 2 and lion gm

22. Tozzi macrumors regular

I've just discovered this thread here on Macrumors and this interesting page which basically describes quite exactly what's happening to my MBP under Lion GM.

I did all the tests and under SL (10.6.8) I definitely cannot reproduce the problem. Maybe the fix that was apparently introduced in 10.6.7 did not make it into 10.7.0? When I bought my MBP it came already with 10.6.7, so, unfortunately, I can't really tell if this is the case.

23. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

There will be no GM 2.

Your GM 2 will be called 10.7.1.

And the release aint happening today. Try near the end of the month, around the 26th.

24. Tozzi macrumors regular

Well, there might be no GM2, but I honestly do hope that 11A511 isn't the build that's going to be released to the public.
    Of course all the Apple haters out there would love just that to happen, as it would most definitely damage Apple's reputation quite seriously.
    Right now I seem to be rather alone with my problems, but I predict a public outrage if this build is going to be released and people's new MBPs start to freeze every hour or so (it's quite likely that I won't be that alone anymore once they do that).

25. hitekalex macrumors 68000

hitekalex

There either will be a GM2 release or 11A511 becomes public. There are no other options.