Gmail or Outlook?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DramaLLama, Jan 7, 2014.

1. DramaLLama macrumors 6502

For webmail? I jumped ship from Google and have been using Outlook for the past year or so but I am curious about gmail again. Has it improved over the past 1-2 years?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use them both and really like them. What caused you to stop using Gmail?

3. DramaLLama thread starter macrumors 6502

When the @outlook domain was released with the new look an all is when I started using outlook. Right now I like it a lot and just loading up gmail looks confusing with the different inboxes/filtering they've got... but I haven't actually used it in a long time so I was just curious.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I really like Gmail, I would highly recommend it.

5. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Huge fan of Gmail. Easy for me to use. I find the outlook interface too simple, and at times, irritating. The Gmail interface is quick, easy, and functional. Also the actual mail service has been top notch.

That being said, Gmail hasn't really changed that much. Its mostly the same from when I remember using it in the beta. So I doubt anything in Gmail would make you switch from Outlook.

7. stroked Suspended

stroked

I think Gmail's new way of opening an attachment sucks.

8. ppcg4mac macrumors 6502

ppcg4mac

I used to use GMail in my browser, but now i use Thunderbird. i do like GMail, unlike some people i know i prefer the multi inbox style. And sending bigger (or multiple) files with drive is a nice feature, I just prefer to use a desktop client, mainly so i can easily check 3 accounts at once.