Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alswearengen

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2012
cannot get mail the username or password for is incorrect iphone gmail

other posts helpful and thanks. one more solution to add as this just happened to me as well.

I have 2 step verification security on my gmail account. with this you have to set up "application specific" passwords which are 16 letter/digit one time passwords. this link posted earlier is good info

http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=ch_DisplayUnlockCaptcha&answer=185833

to get there in your own account, click your name in the upper right corner of the gmail webmail screen > accounts > security > Authorizing applications and sites (click edit)> re-enter your gmail password if prompted > and the app specific section is at the bottom of the page. > generate a new app specific PW < (even if yours is already there). again, dont know why this occurred but re-doing the app specif PW worked and my pancakes are still warm.

Best!

al

sajithod.cherai

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2013
Its a scurity setting issue

You might have enabled 2-step verification in your google account.
you should disbale it as it requires verification of the new device. Go google security settings and disable "2-step verification uses your phone to provide an extra layer of security for your account" option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.