Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reynaldo.Weeks

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2020
Started with El Capitan with me. I keep Mail open in Dock. Contacted Mac at on line help, probably interns. Had no clue. Said she'd contact supervisor or someone and supervisor or someone got back with no idea.

hronists

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2015
Anybody knows if this is solved in big sur?

Did you read what I wrote here some time ago? Solution is simple - delete gmail account from mail app and then add it again as a regular mail account with mail address and password. You'll need to allow less secure app access in google account (not mail) settings. I did this year ago and mail app is not opening randomly again.

Reactions: GumaRodak and Morod

GalileoSeven

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2015
Makes me glad I haven't bothered with the Mail App in years (Outlook 365 for Mac may be a bit of a handful, but never once have I had any similar snafus)

whitedragon101

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2008
Did you read what I wrote here some time ago? Solution is simple - delete gmail account from mail app and then add it again as a regular mail account with mail address and password. You'll need to allow less secure app access in google account (not mail) settings. I did this year ago and mail app is not opening randomly again.

that’s a good work around to the bug. But it is still a bug that needs fixing.

Reactions: GumaRodak

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Looks like Bug Sur fixed this problem once and for all. I’ve had this issue for years and was driving me crazy! I’ve been on Big Sur since launch (months now) and mail hasn’t popped open once!

Reactions: Morod

R10k

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2017
Looks like Bug Sur fixed this problem once and for all. I’ve had this issue for years and was driving me crazy! I’ve been on Big Sur since launch (months now) and mail hasn’t popped open once!
Awesome. Now all I have to do is wait a year or more for all my Logic plugins to be updated for Big Sur, and then I can upgrade!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.