Go to Genius Bar before AppleCare ends...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by skyblueofhope, Dec 9, 2010.

1. skyblueofhope macrumors newbie

Since my warranty on my MacBook is ending December 13, would I be able to setup an appointment with the genius bar and ask if they can run diagnostics on it before my warranty ends, just to make sure everything is well when the warranty ends?

2. miguueeel macrumors member

Yes just make sure is before the 13 so set it up today, online .

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Unless you have a specific issue I doubt they'll touch it. You know, apple provides a hardware diagnostic DVD? Use it and don't waste your time.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I agree with jessica.
    If there is nothing wrong with it, there is no point bringing it in. I don't think the Apple "geniuses" would have the time to do a diagnostic check because it gets pretty packed in there, but thats my opinion. You certainly can try if you want :)

I recommend you extend you warranty (if you can) because it might be beneficial down the road.

5. skyblueofhope thread starter macrumors newbie

Well my Mac is three years old, and it looks like the only problem it has now is a bad earphone jack. Sometimes, when I plug in speakers, only one side is heard and I have to fiddle with the wire to fix that. But, it only happens with speakers, not earphones I plug in.

6. darknite38 macrumors regular

Lol they might replace the logic board for that - correct me if I'm wrong.

Make an appointment for the jack and see what they will do to it. If they replace the logic board grats for you.

7. skyblueofhope thread starter macrumors newbie

Fortunately, they are going to replace the Logic Board and my rep and my hard drive even though there's nothing wrong with it :).

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

What the point of replacing it even though nothing is wrong?
    With technology, newer parts doesn't mean less prone to fail than older parts (in my opinion).

Maybe they are replacing it because of that headphone jack issue you were having :confused: