Going naked is NOT for me !

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slicktype, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

I have already had my 6s plus slip out of my hands 4 times. I am
    By no means a clumsy person. I am terrified of handling this phone without a case !
    How do you "naked" iPhone user cope with the unavoidable slippage of the hand ?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I've dropped my 6+ once in the last five months I've owned it. Cracked the screen, first time that has ever happened.

But my replacement phone is still without a case and I won't put one on. I risk that again, but I hate cases. And the previous incident was an accident because I was not paying attention to what I was doing.

3. lordhamster macrumors 6502

Dropping your phone 4 times in 1 days would make you by definition, a clumsy person. Unless of course it happens to be coated in olive oil.

4. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

Four times in less than a day? Sure you're not clumsy?

Maybe you have small hands or something but I don't have a problem with drops, let alone four in a short space of time, when not cased.

I'd be taking the hint that you need a case...

5. ayobonus macrumors regular

I place my index finger on the Apple logo. It provides some grip.

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've dropped my iPhone 6+ once since I bought it in November last year.

7. coney718 macrumors regular

I always use cases. I dont like using them but i like my phone in the best condition possible for resale value down the road.

8. Cloud Unique macrumors newbie

Cloud Unique

I always use a case my iPhone 6+ purchased last year October been in a Griffin survivor case not even one mark looks brand new.
    Cannot wait till Griffin release their new cases for iPhone 6s.

9. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502

My 6 has been naked since purchase, and while I initially had a few close calls, once I got used to it, it wasn't a problem. I had Apple Care for it, so if it had dropped, no big deal. Just got the 6s Plus and thus far it's been OK.

Use care, and you're fine.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I always use a case on my iPhone. They are too slippery otherwise, in my opinion.

11. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

The apple silicone cases provide enough grip for the plus models. Easy to put on and off. I rock mine naked only inside the house or during my classroom hours. Also its a good idea to get yourself a glass screent protector

12. Benched08 macrumors regular

The only drop my 6+ ever had to endure was falling out of my pocket while I was in the movies. Tiny scuff, and the floors are somewhat rubberized. I'd be worried about having Parkinson's if I dropped it more than once a week.

13. supermanfan macrumors member

I'm with the OP.

The level of care required to go without a case exceeds the downside of increase in bulk (especially with an Apple leather case) or the the attractive aluminum device.

Care is required when using the phone with a case.

Significant care is required to use the phone without a case. Not worth it.

14. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I absolutely detest cases and hate the added bulk. I've had every iphone except the 4S and have never used a case, except for a caudabe veil for a little while on my iphone 6... and even that I couldn't deal with as thin as it is...... I've never had any damage to an iphone except my iPhone 5 having a few scratches on the aluminum on the side. Other than that I've been able to re-sell all my phones in flawless condition. Only dropped my 3G once but no damage resulted.

*full disclosure - I do use screen protectors

15. fsumom macrumors regular

I will never go without a case again. I had 2 iPhones, a 5c and now a 4 that received cracked screens. Guaranteed both were due to pure negligence on my part. My 5c fell off my car after leaving it on top of the roof. My 4 fell off of a shopping cart. Neither had cases or screen protectors.

16. Cloud Unique macrumors newbie

Cloud Unique

Wow, That crazy I had my iPhone 6+ last year flew of while bike riding glad I had a griffin survivor case.

17. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

I use a case also. Not so much because of resale value, but just because the phones themselves are nothing special to look at. I find a svelte Speigen or similar case really helps to personalize the phone and make it more visually interesting than a slab of brushed metal. IMHO. of course.

18. fsumom macrumors regular

Yes, I was very careless. Something I do not plan on being with the 6s since paying full price for the phone now. My husband is a cyclist and also likes to kayak so he needs a rugged case. We went with the Magpul and Joto waterproof bag for him right now until the new waterproof Thule comes out.

19. OrionsByte macrumors regular

OrionsByte

I've owned iPhones going back as far as the original, and I've only used cases a couple of times. I had a case for the original for a while but decided I just liked it better without it (the case took away some of the "sexiness"). For the past few years, with my 4S and 5S, I've had bike mounts that came with cases, but I only ever used the cases when riding, and I'd take them off afterwards.

Going to the iPhone 6S Plus, though, I decided it was time for an always-on case. For one thing, since I'm already making a big jump in size moving up from the 5S, the extra size of the case won't be as noticeable. Secondly, I found a case system (Quad Lock) that allows me to mount it on my bike and in my car (and a lot of other options) that I'm actually pretty excited about.

I'm still not springing for the tempered glass yet though.

20. originalfoto macrumors newbie

originalfoto

When I purchased my new iPhone 6 plus last year I tried going caseless. That lasted about a week or so. It slipped out of my hand and shattered the screen. I immediately purchased Apple Care+ online and went to the Apple store the next day and had it replaced. The phone is very slippery.

21. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

3 drops since 4S. Always on carpet. Always in a case.

22. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

23. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

I reject the idea that slippage of the hand is unavoidable. I had my 6 Plus naked for an entire year and never dropped it or let it slide out of fingers or anything. I just traded it in at the Apple Store to get my 6S Plus and got max credit for it, which clearly would've been an issue if the thing had been dropped.

24. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

I hate cases because I appreciate the thin form factor of the phone, the Apple Leather case is the person solution. I've dropped my phone a few times, no damage, phone still light and thin and the leather feels great

25. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I have the edge+ and insurance through AT&T. This phone is quite slippery indeed. However, while I normally don't like regular cases, I'm waiting for a certain one to come out (Samsung being weird) so I can get it. One of the perks of being an iPhone user is you don't have to wait over a month for a certain case to come out after the phone does...