Going on 6th replacement anyone else having the same problem??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cavalierz4, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Cavalierz4, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011

Cavalierz4 macrumors newbie

Ok so this is the deal I have an iPhone 4, I have been through six phones in the past 3 1/2 months each with a different problem. Real problems like home button issues and and things rattling around inside of them just wondering if anyone else has had the same issues or do I just have bad luck. Please don't respond if your gonna say ridiculous things thanks.

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

3. iAd4m macrumors member

Wow, longest sentence ever award.

And it seems like you are extremely unlucky too.

4. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Wow.

First, its nearly impossible to understand your rant when it is a giant wall of text.

Second, Apple ships newly manufactured items directly from China as thats where everything is made. My new i7 MacBook Pro came from China directly.

Third, quit being so OCD. Use the phone and don't worry about small issues. Otherwise return it for a refund and get something else. My god.

5. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

The home button is supposed to wiggle around.

6. Cavalierz4 thread starter macrumors newbie

These are real problems that I'm having and yes I may be a little OCD but I paid for a perfect product and that's what I should get if I wanted a piece of crap that didnt work I would just buy a blackberry and this post is for people with the same problems as me if I wanted posts from people who have no lives and like to ridicule other peoples issues I would have said that in the post

7. Cavalierz4 thread starter macrumors newbie

To the point where it's chattering around? None of my other phones did that and neither did my wifes

8. saberahul macrumors 68040

Lol his post gave me a headache. Use periods!

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Some people need to "get a life" and realize that this is only a phone and it will never be perfect in some people's eyes. When I think what you have cost Apple and we ALL got to pay for that!

"A little OCD" does not really describe it.:eek:

10. Cavalierz4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol sorry I did it on my phone and was trying to get everything out

11. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Just hitting the space bar twice will insert a period! . . . . . .

12. malevolant macrumors 6502

Your double spacebar tap/period button aren't working. Go for you 7th replacement

13. icewing macrumors 6502

Please list for each phone what was wrong with it...

14. Cphaggar macrumors newbie

I totally understand where you're coming from. You didn't pay for a phone that was less than perfect. If someone had a group of dead pixles, they wouldn't hesitate to take the phone back for a new one.

The reason why apple offers a one year warranty with the device is for this exact reason. They are very advanced pieces of technology, and there are some flaws in the manufacturing of them from time to time, maybe the store you're going to got a bad shipment or something, who knows.

Prsonally I haven't had this problem, but just keep exchanging them till you get the right one. You paid a lot of money for a perfect phone, don't let anyone tell you different.

15. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

After 6 replacements, it might just be you...:confused:

16. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

Still using my original iPhone 4. It's been OK

17. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

No life but to ridicule other peoples issues? I answered your China concern, but explained that you need to use paragraphs so people can read what the heck you're saying.

As others have said, list EACH PHONE you have had and explain the issues of each one so you can be better assisted.

18. Cavalierz4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you cphagger glad you see what I'm talking about

So here is a list of the problems with each one
    1.something loose, rattling inside
    2.freezing all the time (refurb)
    3.same problem rattling, freezing and down volume not responding
    4.home button so loose it felt like it wasn't even connected and wanted to fall out
    5.really bad deathgrip if I held it in my left hand like I do when I use the Internet it would completely drop signal and if I was on a call and held it in my left hand it would b all static and break up
    6.landscape works on and off and has deathgrip
    7.home button sticks down after depressed for about 4-5 seconds and turns on voice command
    I have an appointment with apple at 5:20 so we will c how this one works hopefully I will b good

19. felch macrumors member

Or crap mine is broken then :eek:

20. Infraggable Kru macrumors regular

OP go see a psychiatrist for your OCD/anxiety issues, stop trying to act like you're normal and the phones are "broken"

21. vachargerfan macrumors regular

I would switch to a different phone. 6 bad phones probably means you weren't meant to own one. I am on number one and it works perfectly. I could see 2 maybe 3 bad phone at the most. 6...is overboard

22. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I'm blaming you when Apple is no longer so lenient on replacing phones. A normal person in your shoes would still be on their first iPhone 4. Just saying.

Yeah my phone makes rattling noises when I shake it, but does that affect how it works? No...

23. err404 macrumors 68020

OP, don't take this the wrong way, but the iPhone4 build quality is obviously not up to your standards. Getting more replacements phones wont change this. I find it somewhat ridiculous that you would give any company that many chances. It's time for you to demonstrate your lack of satisfaction and return the phone.

If I buy a product and the first two are duds, I don't want a third.

24. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

My iPhone 4 has worked perfectly from day one. Most of the other millions who got them are the same.

I think the OP needs a Karma adjustment.

25. anonymous guy macrumors 6502a

Lmao at everyone attacking the topic creator like a pack of rabid dogs. This place is turning more and more into the AppleInsider bunch everyday.

From what I know, there can be a slight rattle from the on/off switch. It is not as solid as I expected. The home button is kind of a hit or miss. My first iPhone 4 had a very tactile/responsive home button, but the replacement I received after the original's battery overheated feels very loose and can cause double-tapping sporadically.

I have learned to live with the sporadic double tap, but if it starts sticking and activating voice command, then I wouldn't keep it.