Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
You should have stuck with #4 and the death grip issue. That's not the phones fault. It's your carrier. The death grip is a normal issue (among many if not all cell phones). The last issue with the home button seems a little much. Don't you only have to hold it for 3 seconds? Are you pressing down really hard? Im on my first iP4 and my home button is solid but will randomly get unwanted double taps. It's no biggie. I havent had rattling but would be a legit concern for me as would a home button that felt like it was going to fall off. But everything else is OCD, or you're just worried that it would grow into the previous problems you had.

Cavalierz4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
Lmao at everyone attacking the topic creator like a pack of rabid dogs. This place is turning more and more into the AppleInsider bunch everyday.

From what I know, there can be a slight rattle from the on/off switch. It is not as solid as I expected. The home button is kind of a hit or miss. My first iPhone 4 had a very tactile/responsive home button, but the replacement I received after the original's battery overheated feels very loose and can cause double-tapping sporadically.

I have learned to live with the sporadic double tap, but if it starts sticking and activating voice command, then I wouldn't keep it.

Yeah he is right this place is like a pack of rabid dogs apple colt you might say. I don't care what all you guys say about my iPhone issues there has to be a couple good ones out there I love the phone when it works I'm gonna keep getting replacements till I get a good one

mpdonlanjr

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2010
should have stuck with the first one the rattle is the auto focus of the camera every iphone i have seen or played with has had this rattle. Check them out at the store while your there.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
If this is your 6th replacement then its likely the problem lies with you not the phone.

Infraggable Kru

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2010
Yeah he is right this place is like a pack of rabid dogs apple colt you might say. I don't care what all you guys say about my iPhone issues there has to be a couple good ones out there I love the phone when it works I'm gonna keep getting replacements till I get a good one

Print out this thread and take it in to the Apple Store, I'm sure they'll agree with you 100%

Vegaspilot

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2010
I can definately understand the OP being picky (I tend to be to a fault at times). A few months back I went through a few of iPhone 4s and returned them for various issues (in hindsight probably should have kept the first one). It always seemed like the one they'd give in exchange was worse than the previous one (all new in box phones). Went from a crooked home button, to dust under the screen, to a yellow screen. So I decided to wait a while and just recently tried again. Got a 32G model a couple days ago and while everything works great, there is a small speck of something refelctive just to the right and above the center of the screen (also a a little light bleed on the edges). You can only see the speck when there is enough light to cause it to show up like outside or in a well lit room. Since everything else seems to be good, I'm very hesitant to try for an exchange and end up with a different or worse problem (loose buttons, yellow screen, still something under the screen, etc). The speck bugs me because its in the middle of the screen, but since I can't see it all that often I'm trying to let it go which is hard because I expect it to be perfect for the money we pay. I'm gona try to give it a few more days and see if I can live with it or not. So I can see where you're coming from.

Reefbone

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
I would agree the forum is often harsh and pack of dogsish... but I also agree that this guy should just give up.

vladtheimpaler

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2011
Leading The Leaders
Ok so this is the deal I have an iPhone 4, I have been through six phones in the past 3 1/2 months each with a different problem. Real problems like home button issues and and things rattling around inside of them just wondering if anyone else has had the same issues or do I just have bad luck. Please don't respond if your gonna say ridiculous things thanks.

6 Times! :cool:

Do you have a girlfriend? Life partner?
If so, they are very lonely!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.