Going To Canada And Then The USA...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Certinfy, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Going to Montreal in a few weeks for the tennis and then heading down to New York.

Anyway can anyone recommend a good sim PAYG package or contract in both places? I'm going to be using an iPhone 4 and a non smartphone so I'll be switching sims in both phones occasionally as well. I used to live on the other side of the US but a lot of things have changed since then so I really have no idea about US networks on pay as you go and have no idea whatsoever on Canadian networks...

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I would look at a Telestial SIM card ... they work on Rogers in Canada and on AT&T/T-Mobile in the US. It seems the most economical. I don't remember what they charge off the top of my head, but I would call them (there is a UK # on their website) and see what they say.

Needless to say, you'll need an unlocked iPhone. I can't comment if they offer data.

3. Certinfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Will check it out and give them a ring later then. Would be better instead of having to change sims in each country. I've got an unlocked phone and data isn't a huge issue so I'll definitely look more into it.

Thanks. :)