Going to Genius bar today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Storrow, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Storrow macrumors regular

I am pissed off about the reception issue. I can't make phone calls without half of them getting dropped. This is unbelievable. I made a genius bar appointment for later today. I want to see what they say/do about it. The phone should work, period. I am not accepting a bumper or for them to tell me to put my fingers in a certain place when i make a phone call.

Some piece of the phone also rattles when I shake it at the top. I guess I'll bring this up as well?

For $300 the phone should work like a phone. I should be able curl up in a ball holding the phone with fists and it should work fine.

Does anyone have any advice for when I go to the genius bar? Should I bring up the rattle? Should I not go at all? Help me help you.

2. cloudberrybrew macrumors regular

They are aware of the issue and will probably already have a uniform thing they are supposed to tell you or replace your phone with, its common, you arn't the only one, and you're acting pretty "crybabyish" for someone who I'm assuming is over the age of 13 [​IMG]

3. Mfear macrumors member

you're probably older than 13 and you gloat in your sig that you got your phone a day early?

rofl

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'm also going to apple today but due to dust under my screen. I've counted 6 specs that I can see.. I only saw one at first which I could've lived with but not a whole family. lol. I also have the reception issue but have not had a dropped call. *knock on wood*

5. onemacmini macrumors 6502

I agree,

Just rang apple and "they are dealing with the issue, and plan to have a fix asap. He said its the software not the phone, But being investigated. Hold tight"

6. cloudberrybrew macrumors regular

since you're a macrumors "newbie" I'll let you in on something, people post their devices in their sigs and generally when a new product comes out they post the date they got it...

thanks for trying though! [​IMG]

7. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Sure, bring it in, make your complaint known. They will give you a replacement that might not rattle but will still have the same reception issues.

8. Ames macrumors member

You joined in Jun 2010 and you are telling someone else they are a newbie? I don't care how many posts you got in you are still a newbie.

9. cloudberrybrew macrumors regular

Multiple accounts without restriction to IP are a wonderful thing. I made this account for only talking about iPhone 4 issues, <3 if you'd like to speak to me on my Nokia-Siemens networking "higher-up" account, I'll be glad to teach you a thing or two about how cell phones work <3

10. brayhite macrumors 6502a

+1

I don't even know what that whole plus one thing means but I thought it fit here.

11. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

Unless it's not out of your way to go there, I wouldn't bother. There are tons of people dealing with this and as of right now, there is no single solution. I can't help but think it would be a very wasted and frustrating trip for you.

Instead, how about just calling Apple customer service and maybe just letting them know that you have the problem if nothing else to get a case number and get it recognized in the system?

The people at the genius bar are pretty smart, but I doubt they will be able to do much for you today.

Good luck! Let us know how it pans out!

12. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

That's... dumb.

:rolleyes:

13. ballen420 macrumors 6502

Speaking from experience with your June 2010 join date.

And I have to agree with the "newbie"; posting that you got a phone a day early in your signature is extremely tacky.

14. dan.automator macrumors newbie

Wow great argument. They joined the 19th and you joined the 24th, but you spend the entire day posting on threads hence the "regular" status to their "newbie". Fact of the matter you come across as immature because you could just put June 23th, but nope you put the word "early" in there like you're special.

15. MT0227 macrumors 6502

I think Steve got rid of all the bad stock a day early :D

16. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

17. tagy macrumors regular

Agreed :cool:

18. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

LOL at two people who start out arguing about who is more like a 13-year-old, and then end up arguing back and forth over who is more of a noob. :)

Guess what? You both win. :cool:

19. Bluehinder macrumors member

Good for you. If I had all the time in the world, I'd do the same. Problem is, there is nothing they can do for you. For the time being, any replacement is no guarentee.

20. darkip macrumors newbie

I went to the Genius Bar in the Apple Store in Cabot Circus, Bristol yesterday and the guy there basically said they can't do anything at the moment and that I should try holding it differently or get a case but that there's possibly an update coming. So nothing new.

21. dan.automator macrumors newbie

I agree with you guys too, I have no problem being the new guy. I'm only 30 and have only had Apple products for the last 5 yrs but I still have an education and common sense. I see people on here asking for advice on topics from random strangers when they could just call up, email, or stop into Apple, Best Buy, Radioshack, or whatever company. Some guy started a thread "Will Best Buy put on a Wrapsol for me?" Really, take a minute and call Best Buy instead of starting a useless thread.

I guess my point is shouldn't matter what your "status" is because if you lack common sense no one will ever take your opinion seriously.

22. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

Who else puts the date they got it? I call d-bag behavior on that one.

23. Stein357 macrumors 6502

24. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Why is that?

25. Mfear macrumors member

ok? an entire community can be moronic, too..you may not be the only special one here that i was referring to.

and what's with all the hearts and kissing smileys..is it your way of trying to be elitist and condescending?