Going to watch Doctor Stranger with friends

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jimmyss, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Jimmyss macrumors member

Jimmyss

I am going to watch this movie with my friends in a big projector. Is it a good option to enjoy with friends or I should look for something else like Hacksaw Ridge?

2. Huntn, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Do you need to fix the title?

I thought this was going to be available for streaming today, but the only option is to buy. I'll check again tomorrow.

3. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

If you like the Marvel Movies, then you will like this one. Me and the wife really dug it, one of our favorites. It helped that we really like the main character! I am glad we were able to see it on the big screen!

I am assuming you meant "Doctor Strange" yes??

4. Jimmyss thread starter macrumors member

Jimmyss

I am also a big fan of Benedict Cumberbatch. I loved his acting in Sherlock Holmes and The Imitation Game.

5. kazmac, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017

kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Definitely worth owning. I am long time fan of Doctor Strange (decades, though not of the current comics), and I knew if Benedict convinced me he was Stephen I'd enjoy it. He did and I had a great time. Just debating what version I will order as I generally never keep my hard copies of Marvel movies, though this might buck that trend.

6. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Yeah, it was pretty terrific, really captured the Ditko aesthetic, Cumberbatch was right on (and even though he was relegated to a 2nd tier villain, always great to see Mads Mikkelsen) - and I can't say enough positive things about Tilda, she's just ethereal ...

7. Jimmyss thread starter macrumors member

Jimmyss

Love to see that most of the members like the Movie. Me and my friends also enjoyed a lot.

8. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

You might want to edit the thread title :)

It's Doctor Strange :D

Use the gear icon at the top right of your first post:

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 8.03.51 AM.png

9. Jimmyss thread starter macrumors member

Jimmyss

Done. Hope it is ok now.

10. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I've been looking to stream this, but the only options I've seen are to purchase.

11. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

That's kind of weird, usually iTunes says available to rent generally about 2-3 weeks out from the advanced digital release (the dvd etc. come out tomorrow). Or maybe it's just Disney's bean counters exerting control from the Dark Dimension.:p

12. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Too bad you're not going to experience it in 3D. I hate 3D especially for movies that don't require it (almost most major releases here in my area), but Doctor Strange in 3D is a very fun experience, especially for the opening sequence.

13. DeepIn2U, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017

DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

I know this is an old movie but was just bored and decided to watch it again looking for holes and I noticed ...

Just moments before Dr Strange crashed his Lamborghini Galardo ... the passenger seat featured a cup holder holding an almost full and uncapped bottle. Is this a liquor bottle?

Time: 11:11
    Scene: lonely 2 lane road just after answering a phone call about possible patiences and before he needs to pass another vehicle. Full shot from rear middle of the cabin over the centre.

Bottle: Sole

14. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I hope they invest in a second one. I just watched this movie again tonight myself.