Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimmyss

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2017
I am going to watch this movie with my friends in a big projector. Is it a good option to enjoy with friends or I should look for something else like Hacksaw Ridge?

Jimmyss

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2017
I am also a big fan of Benedict Cumberbatch. I loved his acting in Sherlock Holmes and The Imitation Game.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Definitely worth owning. I am long time fan of Doctor Strange (decades, though not of the current comics), and I knew if Benedict convinced me he was Stephen I'd enjoy it. He did and I had a great time. Just debating what version I will order as I generally never keep my hard copies of Marvel movies, though this might buck that trend.

Last edited:
Reactions: twietee and D.T.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Definitely worth owning. I am long time fan of a Doctor Strange (decades, though not of the current comics), and I knew if Benedict convinced me he was Stephen I'd enjoy it. He did and I had a great time. Just debating what version I will order as I generally never keep my hard copies of Marvel movies, though this might buck that trend.

Yeah, it was pretty terrific, really captured the Ditko aesthetic, Cumberbatch was right on (and even though he was relegated to a 2nd tier villain, always great to see Mads Mikkelsen) - and I can't say enough positive things about Tilda, she's just ethereal ...

Reactions: kazmac

Jimmyss

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2017
Love to see that most of the members like the Movie. Me and my friends also enjoyed a lot.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
You might want to edit the thread title :)

It's Doctor Strange :D

Use the gear icon at the top right of your first post:

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 8.03.51 AM.png

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I've been looking to stream this, but the only options I've seen are to purchase.

That's kind of weird, usually iTunes says available to rent generally about 2-3 weeks out from the advanced digital release (the dvd etc. come out tomorrow). Or maybe it's just Disney's bean counters exerting control from the Dark Dimension.:p

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Too bad you're not going to experience it in 3D. I hate 3D especially for movies that don't require it (almost most major releases here in my area), but Doctor Strange in 3D is a very fun experience, especially for the opening sequence.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I know this is an old movie but was just bored and decided to watch it again looking for holes and I noticed ...

Just moments before Dr Strange crashed his Lamborghini Galardo ... the passenger seat featured a cup holder holding an almost full and uncapped bottle. Is this a liquor bottle?

Time: 11:11
Scene: lonely 2 lane road just after answering a phone call about possible patiences and before he needs to pass another vehicle. Full shot from rear middle of the cabin over the centre.

Bottle: Sole

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.