Goldeneye 007 Coming to Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by adrake86, Jan 9, 2008.

1. adrake86 macrumors regular

Goldeneye 007 was the halo for n64. It was amazing I played this so many times and I still play the n64 every once in a while to play this game with friends well it is now coming to xbox 360 on the arcade download. Read more.

http://redneckgamer07.blogspot.com/2008/01/goldeneye-007-coming-to-xbox-live.html

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yay!! Do we have the 'hottest game of 2008' already ? :)

What's the betting the arcade title will be better than the new game :D

Added to Banjo - and I'm going to be a very happy bunny.

3. adrake86 thread starter macrumors regular

Ya this game is gonna rock finally a game my girlfriend and I actually like together! It is gonna be so awesome online. :D:D

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

This is just a rumour right now. In fact, the rumor is it was coming but Nintendo nixed it at the last minute. Don't get too excited.

5. Oneness macrumors regular

Thanks for ruining my day. I don't have a 360 and knowing that 'Goldeneye' is on a system I will never buy just kills me. Please come to the Wii, please!!!
    I do have it on the N64, but it would be so much more convinent on the Virtual Console.

6. adrake86 thread starter macrumors regular

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

A game that was published by EA on Nintendo's platform, developed by Rare (now Microsoft owned), and the license to which is now owned by Columbia (who is Sony-owned IIRC).

Correct me if I'm mistaken but wouldn't Microsoft essentially have to go through Sony, Nintendo, AND EA before they'd be able to publish it on XBLA?

That makes me cast doubts. But whatever.

The game was fun, but I don't see the level of hype people attribute to it.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Maybe it'll be published as a downloadable title on all formats which could persuade them.

Basic N64 version for Wii VC, and enhanced version on PSN/LIVE!

Rare would at least be making some money for M$.

9. adrake86 thread starter macrumors regular

Sonic is on xbox live along with other games that have nothing to do with xbox or microsoft.

10. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Sony also owns a majority stake in MGM/UA, I doubt this will happen. Sony isn't going to allow MS to license a key product name to a XBLA game.

But Sonic isnt owned by the direct competition. MGM is majority owned by Sony, and Columbia is fully owned by Sony. See the difference?

Ed

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

...wow...why do I even bother...

Uh, yeah, Sonic is published by Sega, who is a third party that works directly with Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony and would have nothing against their games being published.

The James Bond license is now owned by a Sony-owned company, and the game was published exclusively for Nintendo.

Nintendo and Sony are much less likely to allow the game to be published.

12. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I like this idea. :) I would buy it in a heartbeat if it was released on both the Wii and PS3. Goldeneye is one of my top 5 favorite games on the Nintendo 64....and it's in my top 25 games of all time. I would be pissed if it's Xbox only.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's a pass on me regardless what it comes out for. It hasn't aged so well and for multiplayer kicks the HL2 mod is pretty much perfect, has better controls than any console game and is free :D

Big skip for me.

14. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

have any of you played Goldeneye lately? It's pretty horrid gameplay-wise actually. I mean, I loved it to death back in the day but God after firing it up during x-mas it just feels so.......******. The controls are absolutely awful!!! It was kinda fun multi-player but thats only because all of us were having a lot of trouble hitting one another when the auto-aim crapped out a bit.

15. Mitch1984 macrumors 6502

Mitch1984

Nah goldeneye was made by rare but published by nintendo. Ea aquired the bond license after rare.

16. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Ah, that's right! Thanks. That just makes the whole thing even more sticky. And Columbia (Sony-owned) still has distribution rights.

So a Nintendo-published game, whose license belongs to EA and distribution rights belong to Sony.

Seems very unlikely to be published on XBLA, but we'll see.

17. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The game doesn't hold up well....I'll pass on it. I liked it back in the day but its not moving me anymore.

Bless

19. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Good point. Maybe they would re-name it and since it has online+new graphics they could somehow get past all that.

20. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

*beats head on table*

Microsoft owns Rare, the original developer. Nintendo is the publisher. Sony just owns the James Bond distribution rights.

21. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Just release it on all the systems :D.

22. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Yes, just as MacRumorUser suggested.....