Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clockworkz

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2018
Las Vegas
the point is that you dont need an apple card... you WANT an apple card... as with all other apple products for the most part...
The main reason I want it is just because of the look (metal) of the card. The rewards are just a bonus that will make me use it just a tad more than I usually would otherwise.

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
The lack of an actual card number should be a big plus for security. I try to use Apple Pay when I can for this reason. I've had people steal my account number a couple of times and make a couple of purchases. It's annoying AF to get it dealt with, and I'm tired of these criminals having easier avenues to be criminals.
Actually there is a card number. It will not be printed on the physical card, but it will still be available in the wallet app instead.
[doublepost=1564846356][/doublepost]
Interesting how the Card's customer agreement specifys 'jailbreaking' but not the required firmware version.
Exactly the same thing happened with the Apple Cash card. The terms and conditions specifically prohibited using a jailbroken device, but specified no software requirements. Yet there was indeed a minimum software requirement for Apple Cash, which was iOS 11.2 or later.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
The main reason I want it is just because of the look (metal) of the card. The rewards are just a bonus that will make me use it just a tad more than I usually would otherwise.

Not trying to be controversial here, but my goal is to use ApplePay as much as possible, and physical cards as little as possible. I'd love to see physical cards completely eliminated, though I know that will probably never happen.
[doublepost=1564849608][/doublepost]
Well, at least it's not made in China so no tariffs.....

Are you sure? :)

Reactions: Ntombi

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
Why does this card excite people at all? The cash back reward is pretty wake.

First of all, it doesn’t come to Canada at the moment. But even it comes to Canada, i don’t find the point at all.

I can get 4% cash back on gas and grocery, 1% cash back on all other item.

Who is going to do App Store purchase all day long to make the cash back worth a while?

There is hard limit on tap transaction on tap, $100 dollar limit, so people gonna need to use physical card, then it is 1% cash back.

Plus, when I buy big ticket items, I will use my travel reward card to get point. I have gotten several free flight.

The cash back reward is just not attractive.
People aren’t excited over the rewards. That’s just icing. People are excited over not having to deal with credit card companies that they do not trust and instead dealing with one of the few tech companies that they do trust. I have already stopped all of my automatic payments on my non-rewards card and plan to shift all of those payments to the Apple Card. If the Apple Card seems to be working well for me a few months from now (i.e., no fraudulent charges appearing), I will then shift over my rewards card because that one has rewards capped at $2500.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
The card costs Apple something.

Bit it's free for the user so who cares? I think it's silly to even mention the tariffs in this thread. They've little or nothing to do with the Apple card.

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
Not trying to be controversial here, but my goal is to use ApplePay as much as possible, and physical cards as little as possible. I'd love to see physical cards completely eliminated, though I know that will probably never happen.
[doublepost=1564849608][/doublepost]

Are you sure? :)
I’m sure it will happen in like 20 years

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
After reading Goldman Sachs customer agreement posted on their site it appears that they have enhanced security and added stipulations which are basically good
Only problem I foresee is that only 1 physical titanium card can be added per Apple ID.
So if 2 people in a household share an ID then what? I guess you can only use it in the Apple Wallet

Reactions: Robert.Walter

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.

The agreement goes over eligibility (an Apple ID and two-factor authentication are required), how accounts may be used (no illegal activity), credit limit details, eligible devices, returns, payment info, fees (there are none) and more. Goldman Sachs expressly forbids jailbreaking a device associated with an Apple Card, and says that doing so could result in the closure of the Apple Card account.It also covers Daily Cash back, the feature that will let customers get a daily payout when making purchases. Goods purchased directly from Apple earn 3%, Apple Pay purchases earn 2%, and all other transactions earn 1%. If a transaction fulfills two categories, such as an Apple Pay purchase in an Apple Store, customers get the highest payout.

Getting paid while purchasing something...HAhaha..ha...haha.
Cashback is a scam....

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
Getting paid while purchasing something...HAhaha..ha...haha.
Cashback is a scam....

LMAO. Another one with zero knowledge about credit cards.....gotta love these threads.

Maybe take the time to read about the benefits of credit/cash back cards instead of making inane comments.

Hundreds of free dollars for just paying bills, buying groceries, and paying rent with zero interest is certainly not a scam.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
LMAO. Another one with zero knowledge about credit cards.....gotta love these threads.

Maybe take the time to read about the benefits of credit/cash back cards instead of making inane comments.

Hundreds of free dollars for just paying bills, buying groceries, and paying rent with zero interest is certainly not a scam.

Who pays for it, certainly not companies, it's the consumer themselves.

The one who needs to think about it is you yourself.
Shakes head.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California

Shakes head.

Of course, but the ones who are paying for it are the ones who carry a balance or pay fees. If you never pay interest because you pay on time, and you never pay fees, then you might as well take the free money.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Do any of you really want to list apple as a bankruptcy creditor?
Skip this card. Just another credit limit for you to use up.

;)

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
Do any of you really want to list apple as a bankruptcy creditor?
Skip this card. Just another credit limit for you to use up.

;)
Again wrong understanding of the scenario. If anyone were to go into debt from using the Apple Card irresponsibly they'd be listing Goldman Sachs, not Apple, as a bankruptcy creditor.

Reactions: Robert.Walter

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018

Shakes head.

Apparently you still don’t get it. I get free money and pay no interest. What is there to think about? How I’m going to spend it?

Last edited:

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
People aren’t excited over the rewards. That’s just icing. People are excited over not having to deal with credit card companies that they do not trust and instead dealing with one of the few tech companies that they do trust. I have already stopped all of my automatic payments on my non-rewards card and plan to shift all of those payments to the Apple Card. If the Apple Card seems to be working well for me a few months from now (i.e., no fraudulent charges appearing), I will then shift over my rewards card because that one has rewards capped at $2500.

What is the difference? The card itself is issued by other bank. Banks see the information. You kind have to trust that bank to get the Apple Card?

I seems have no issue all my credit card issuer. If there are fraudulent transactions, I never responsible for these charges anyway.

If I don’t trust my bank, I don’t know who I can trust.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.