Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

F/reW/re

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2001
Norway
Re: GoLive vs Dreamweaver

Originally posted by trilogic
Hey guys STOP talking this GoLive vs. Dreamweaver ********.

Senteces like "If any of you ass clowns are using Golive to author web pages you can't be very smart web developers." make me sick.

Remember it's not JUST the software that builds pages. You can do great webdesign with GoLive, Dreamweaver, BBEdit or whatever. More important is that you KNOW your software and feel comfortable with it - OKAY?

If you want to talk about the best WYSIWYG Webdesign tool you can let off steam in a MS Frontpage forum ;-)
Stupid?
I gess u think there`s no point talking MacOS vs. Win either? They both does (almost) everything, but only in different ways.

F/reW/re

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2001
Norway
Re: Golive

Originally posted by Ensign Paris
Most websites that use PHP are just like Microsoft and MacWarehouse sites. Horrible, infact this is the only good site I know that uses PHP3.

Guy
So where have u been 4 the last 5 years? Still shouting 4 your mamma to come and whipe away phoo from ure ass?

T

text_coder

Have you ever noticed that the "4" is almost directly above the "e" key? I was typing "use" but it came out as "use4" because my finger slipped. Get a clue.

Originally posted by Jack Tors
Originally posted by text_coder
All of you people complaining of GoLive mangling code are out of your minds. I do almost all of my development in emacs or BBEdit, but I sometimes use4 GoLive and often have to work with files from GoLive users. I've added PHP, embedded perl, complex tables, dynamic html, and massive amounts of JavaScript and have only rarely had any problems with GoLive mangling the code. If you turn off the pretty printing option, most of the problems I had go away.

Before GoLive, you had crap like VisualPage. Those editors really mangled code -- even simple HTML! GoLive has a high tollerance for unusual code and, unlike any Macromedia product since shortly after the end of the Macromind days, GoLive actually follows Apple's user interface guidelines. Any Mac user can sit down and figure out the basics of GoLive in a few seconds. Dreamweaver behaves worse than a Windows app.

Your an idiot! Plus you say that you are using " 4 Golive", its Golive 4 clown face. I used Golive 4. Its a good product. We're talking about Golive 5 goof ball! If you noticed, the thread is about the release of Golive 6. Get with it bozo.

[Edited by Jack Tors on 12-31-2001 at 01:56 AM]

T

text_coder

Re: Look...

Remember the bad old days of Claris Home Page? That was a joke. I remember seeing it put font tags around images. I'm glad Apple no longer makes "****** product like Microsoft Frontpage."

Originally posted by dantec
All you guys, lets just be happy we don't have apple making a ****** product like Microsoft Frontpage. Like some of you said both products have stregths and weeknesses but at least we don't have to work with something so bad.

I have never used such a bad alternative for creating web-pages!

U

Unregistered

Observation

I'm currently comparing the features of Golive to those of Dreamweaver and found this forum through a Google search. I had hoped to find an intelligent discussion of the pros & cons of both products, but instead I encountered a lot of sophmoric name-calling and finger pointing. You guys need to get out of your parent's basements and try to meet some girls for once. Jeez!

Jookbox

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2002
if only homesite was for the mac, i wouldn't have much use for PC's except for gaming.

bobbyG4

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2002
You people....

I thought this forum was for mature and well mannered people, obviously not....! Does anyone know of any serious forums, where members do not insult others in this ridiculous childish manner???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.