Good deal, ipad2 $450?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by getstuff4less, Apr 17, 2011.

1. getstuff4less macrumors member

He says lightly used, no scratches, all accessories. The only thing I don't like is it's black. oh 32gb

2. kalex macrumors 65816

Well its an excellent deal. Considering that even used ones are selling for msrp + local tax. getting one at $150 + tax discount is very good

3. getstuff4less thread starter macrumors member

4. kalex macrumors 65816

So you are looking to buy it and flip it? Sure you can sell it without a box but me personally would not give u premium for it because of no box. another issue with no box is it can be considered stolen although some people throw boxes out.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

That's a great deal considering its MSRP $599 + tax. It also will be covered by AppleCare as well. :)
    Yeah, you can sell it. I wouldn't be surprised if you made a profit on it either.

6. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

Are you buying this in person?
    If it turns out to be anything where it's shipped. It sounds like 1 of the 10,000 scams on craigslist.

7. getstuff4less thread starter macrumors member

Not really, I would keep it if it was white, but a 32gb white new will cost me more, so may have to get used to black.

8. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

You haven't stated whether it is a 3G or Wi-Fi only model. Two things a buyer wants when you hand over them the product is the original receipt of the item and if it is used or not. Since you have no receipt of the iPad, and it is used (with the exception of no box), you won't make a premium out of it, it's best to keep it as a personal use.

9. getstuff4less thread starter macrumors member

So ask for the receipt. It's in person I think, so I don't think they can scam me. I wonder if I can trade t for a white 16gb w/ cover. It's wifi only..

10. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

The issue isn't about scamming you, I said you can sell the iPad for more if you have the receipt of it and is in excellent condition.

11. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'd bet any ipad2 being sold for significantly below list, especially if without box, is stolen property.

Maybe. Try Marketplace or Craigslist, can't hurt to try.

12. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

A receipt? Who cares about a receipt? It's not required for warranty service. Any value it adds is purely psychological.

13. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Yes, but by seeing the receipt, you can make sure that, that specific product is legitimate, legally purchased through an outlet/reseller and is not in any form of a stolen good. It can also notify the buyer that it has been purchased in that specific country and can include any information that may prove useful when it is taken for a repair/exchange purposes. The receipt verifies the product was purchased from a legit provider. Personally, I don't buy any expensive piece of device without seeing the receipt, but if I find an iPad for £200, then I'd go for that straight away.

14. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

If it is not stolen it is a good deal

15. getstuff4less thread starter macrumors member

I would think he can't get all the accessories unless he stole it from a residence.

16. deeddawg macrumors 604

Define "all the accessories"...

Ipad comes with a charger, a cable, some paperwork, and the box. You get a little paperclip thingy to remove the SIM tray on GSM versions. You can buy the charger & cable nearly anywhere for $30.

If you'd boosted an ipad, would you (a) try to sell it as is, or (b) invest $30 for a charger + cable and claim you threw away or lost the box & paperwork?

Maybe it's legit -- but from your description and your postings seemingly justifying why it seems legit, I just see red flags. Be careful; nearly everyone who's been scammed or conned felt they were getting a great deal at first.... :)

17. princealyy macrumors regular

The deal and this post seems a bit fishy I bet the op is getting a lot of people on this site interested in buying this iPad he would rather not keep since it is not the color he wants ... Scam?? That's what I smell. .... Sorry.

18. getstuff4less, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011

getstuff4less thread starter macrumors member

Wrong. I have cancer and money is not of value in perspective to health. A lot of people want white, I would have posted a link to the post if it was a scam. People think that just because people ask advice it's a scam. Why would I ask for a trade if I end up with no money? I just want an iPad...