Good deal?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Sebastian79, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Sebastian79 macrumors regular

Sebastian79

Is $218 for an apple watch series 1 (brand new) a good deal? And should I get it or is it too outdated?

Tnx

2. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I personally wouldn't. I assume it is a 42mm, I still wouldn't. There are 2 updated models and in a few months, 3 newer models. Maybe for $150, but it could be outdated in a year, as the Series 0 is now not updateable. Before Series 4 comes out in the fall, there will be big sales. good luck.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

You can find the Series one cheaper than that. The Series one can be found for as low as one $169. The only significant factor about the Series one is it shares the same processor as the Series 2. But it also lacks other features like the brighter display, 50 m water resistance and GPS.

4. StumpyBloke macrumors 6502a

StumpyBloke

Don’t waste your money...that is not a good deal IMO.

5. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

No, personally I wouldn’t buy a series one.

I would save a little longer and look at the Apple refurb side of the house.

6. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

coolbreeze

No. I just bought an "open box" 42mm Silver/Fog Series 3 for $277 at Best Buy. Manager gave me another 10% off after I asked if there was any room on the price.

The plastic on the watch had never been removed (brand new, just a broken seal). $249 and was able to add Applecare+ at the register.

Shop around, that isn't a deal IMO.