Good games for Wife's MacBook.

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by iBunny, Aug 26, 2008.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

What are good girl games that will run good on a MacBook with Intel Graphics x3100, 2.4GHz Penryn?

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

What kind of games does your wife like? How about "spot the object" games like I Spy Spooky Mansion? This type of game involves pictures with bunches of objects to visually identify. My wife loves these types of games and the MacBook will play them all, including other series like Mystery Case Files. Your MacBook will also play most gambling games. On the MacOS it will also play games like Riddle of the Sphinx, however I don't know if this has been checked out for running on an intel Mac. More recently Penumbra Overture, a decent mystery game will play on MacBooks with x3100 chipsets. And don't forget to check out the list of games at Apple.

And if you feel like installing Windows (I recommend XP) you can play a variety of low overhead mystery games like Nancy Drew and Riddle of the Sphinx (which is still available new for PC).

3. kabunaru Guest

Halo Demo:
    http://www.macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=18748
    Not only guys play it buy I have seen females playing this game too and Multiplayer in it is fun.

4. ninewhereman macrumors member

From your post looks like you are looking for games for her. Sims is good, my wife loves playing that game. Diner dash is also a lot of fun. I have wasted quite a bit of time on that game. There is an online version, but I still prefer the retail version.

I usually find that the card games or more casual games are what my mom, wife, and sister get into. You can find a lot of card games and such on apples site for not too much. Might be cheaper elsewhere, but I haven't checked.

Hope this helps. :)

5. oxfordchemicali macrumors newbie

6. kabunaru Guest

That should not be true. Everybody should have freedom of will to do anything on their computer.

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Sims, yep, a very popular female game. All of our friend's daughters have played it at one point or another.

8. zeroman macrumors newbie

9. Dan.Dare macrumors member

Indeed. If she's got time to play games, then she should be doing the pile of ironing, cleaning the house or preparing your evening meal. ;-)

10. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Peggle from PopCap Games. Otherwise known as cocaine in gaming form.